I stold from curt Fuller

here's the first bells i've ever turned.Not quite finished yet as they still need eye hooks,and i'm gonna put small bells in them like Curt did.:D one is cherry and the other i'll call hickory. bouth were turned out of 2x2 and are about 5 1/2" tall. need to stop at borg as don't know where the hooks are(again):( I'll make more of these as they were fun little things to turn.
Thanks and all comments welcome.
Steve

Attachments

• 007 [800x600].JPG
    007 [800x600].JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 008 [800x600].JPG
    008 [800x600].JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 39
I am so sorry but when I saw these I burst out laughing as I saw your name as bellringer. :eek:

Right back to a serious critique. Well turned, beautiful wood. They are very attractive pieces. Only fault (must find at least one:p) is perhaps if the bell section was slightly wider?

I do a lot of goblets which, thinking about it are really bells uspside down with a foot and yet I've never thought of doing these.

Pete

thanks
I am so sorry but when I saw these I burst out laughing as I saw your name as bellringer. :eek:

Right back to a serious critique. Well turned, beautiful wood. They are very attractive pieces. Only fault (must find at least one:p) is perhaps if the bell section was slightly wider?

I do a lot of goblets which, thinking about it are really bells uspside down with a foot and yet I've never thought of doing these.

Pete
Pete according to some books i've looked at Bellinger means bell ringer in German.:rofl:
Next ones i make i'll try making the bell section slightly bigger.

Excellent Stephen!

I've never been able to find eye screws small enough. I just drill a small hole in the handle and use some light gauge wire for an eye. If you use very light wire you can bend it around a nail and crimp it, then stick the ends in the hole with a little glue.

Nicely done, Steve. :thumb: Looks like you've been paying close attention to Curt's work. (It'd be hard to find a better bell turner to be inspired by.) ;)

Those are nice looking bells. If the handles were more delicate you wouldn't need to enlarge the bell then.
I can do that :) looking at them in person the handles don't look as big as the pic makes them look here:dunno:

Fine steal!!!!:thumb:
thanks.

Excellent Stephen!

I've never been able to find eye screws small enough. I just drill a small hole in the handle and use some light gauge wire for an eye. If you use very light wire you can bend it around a nail and crimp it, then stick the ends in the hole with a little glue.
I have some light weight wire in the shop so i'll try that and see how it works. Just a dab of exposy maybe?

Nicely done, Steve. :thumb: Looks like you've been paying close attention to Curt's work. (It'd be hard to find a better bell turner to be inspired by.) ;)
That's kinda what i thought after looking at his latest post.:thumb:

I am not of the spinny pureswation but at a woodworker meeting a guy was turning tree ornamantes and he drilled a tiny hole in the end with the lathe tuning. Then he used a fish hook with the curve cut off and with the lathe on pushed it into the hole.

That's an excellent idea! Thanks or sharing.