Sucked into the vortex

Bob Gibson

Ever since I took the NE bowl turning class at Rockler I've had the desire to start turning pens, bowls and other spinny stuff.
My kids bought me an early Christmas gift. Rockler had this on sale for $199.00 plus a free $100.00 gift card. :)

So I was able to get a bunch of pen kits and blanks plus all the extras to get started.

I've spent a few minutes playing around with it and I'm having a ball. Got to make a stand for it next.

PC010122 (600 x 450).jpg

I think that same lathe model has been sold for many years under many different labels.
It should serve you well for pens and other small projects.
A club member has one and makes nicest really cute little bowls.
Congrats and enjoy.

ok Bob,, its not lookin good for you:) you had better make arrangements to have access to your life savings becasue this disease you are infected with is gonna drain a fair amount form it. i had great expectations from a guy in the east coast that sold fastners and new the construction world so well.. even like his avatar:) now i see that even the strong willed are faltering:eek::eek::eek: some how darren we need to regroup and come up with some anti venom for these once team members.. enjoy your new venture bob,,, :rofl::thumb: