Get some meat ...road kill or

go shoot something preferably any deer of sorts and try this

simple recipe after years of trials this is the best I have found. Not to hot just a nice tang to the taste. I do use Sweet and sour sometimes instead of hot sauce.

Jerky ; 40 pounds of meat
½ cup Srtiracha HOT sauce
½ cup French’s Worcestershire sauce
3 Colgin Liquid Smoke 4 fl oz
½ cup Garlic powder
1 gal Soy Sauce

All meat is sliced ¼ inch thick,
I put this in a 5 gal plastic bucket, set in Fridge for 2 days.
Dehydrate at 125 or low for about 30 hrs

Dave --does this mean 3 bottles of Colgin Liquid Smoke 4 fl oz?

that seems like a lot of liquid smoke.

Wonder what I could sub for the liquid smoke -- not real fond of liquid smoke and it really does not like me... :eek:

Oven would work great too. Just set the meat on the racks and let the pilot light do the work. Check it after 15 hrs.

you can also hang the meat on toothpicks from the racks. I have done that many times and works well and expands the amount you can dehydrate at one time. You just have to check you oven to make sure it can be set at 125 degrees, some ovens do not have that low of a setting.

go shoot something preferably any deer of sorts and try this

simple recipe after years of trials this is the best I have found. Not to hot just a nice tang to the taste. I do use Sweet and sour sometimes instead of hot sauce.

Jerky ; 40 pounds of meat
½ cup Srtiracha HOT sauce
½ cup French’s Worcestershire sauce
3 Colgin Liquid Smoke 4 fl oz
½ cup Garlic powder
1 gal Soy Sauce

All meat is sliced ¼ inch thick,
I put this in a 5 gal plastic bucket, set in Fridge for 2 days.
Dehydrate at 125 or low for about 30 hrs

How do you get a 5 gallon buckent in your fridge... :huh::huh::dunno:

chuck, those of us that gather our own vittles like dave does, have a fridge that holds anything when the season opens:) just in case its to warm..you can put a whole critter in gtrs in a fridge and sometimes two if you bone it out first.. you just have to leave the beer in the meat drawer till its got more room or outside if nesacary and then you quick chill in the freezer:)

ELLIS
I have a big Fridge that I took all the shelves out of. I have a 27 SQ Ft freezer and a small fridge for drinks at the shop. Nothing goes home unless it is warped up.

Not anyone from this forum:
Four friends spend weeks planning the perfect backwoods camping and fishing trip.

Two days before the group is to leave Jim's wife puts her foot
down and tells him he isn't going.

Jim's friends are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do.

Two days later the three get to the camping site only to find Jim
sitting there with a tent set up, firewood gathered, and fish
cooking on the fire.

"Dang man, how long you been here and how did you talk your wife into letting you go?"

"Well, I've been here since yesterday. Yesterday evening I was
painting the kitchen and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and said 'guess who'?"

I pulled her hands off and she was wearing a brand new see through nightie.

She took my hand and took me to our bedroom. The room had two dozen candles and rose pedals all over. She had on the bed, handcuffs and ropes!

She told me to tie and cuff her to the bed and I did. And then she
said "do what ever you want."

So, Here I am.