Birdseyes and Dovetails

Project Done!

I finally got the finish on the box. I changed my mind (chickened out maybe)and I went with several coats or Min-Wax Tung Oil instead of the pre-catalyzed laquer.

It just so happened that my wife just finished the quilt the box is sitting on, as I was ready to take pictures. The reason I built the box in the beginning was for her to put her quilting accessories in by her sewing machine.

I still don't know what she will use it for, but I'm sure she'll put it to good use.

Attachments

• 100_3145.jpg
    100_3145.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_3146.jpg
    100_3146.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 14
Hi Steve, I came back to have another look:D , it is beautiful, and it photographs well laying on that lovely quilt! Good proportions. You will both enjoy for years to come.
Shaz

WOW! :congrats: That's really nice looking with the tung oil. It really pops the wood.:clap:

Now that we've seen, and you've recorded, how it looks with tung oil, might I suggest taking it down to unfinished and doing the cat lacquer finish. Then a couple of pics so I can determine which finish I like better. :D

That should give me an idea if I should do that lacquer stuff. :dunno:

Karl

Now that we've seen, and you've recorded, how it looks with tung oil, might I suggest taking it down to unfinished and doing the cat lacquer finish. Then a couple of pics so I can determine which finish I like better. :D

Hey Karl, :wave: ....about your suggestion, I've got a couple of words for you on that idea....but this being a family forum, I'll refrain from using them.
:rofl: