Its friday so wacha all got planned

Have an Xmas party tonight to attend. Hopefully selling a car tomorrow. Installing the Fireplace/Entertainment center base and top tomorrow or Sunday. Cleaning up the garage Sunday. Sunday dinner with the kids as usual.

Dinner at LOML's dads tonight sans child, maybe a cold one on the way home too...

Tomorrow, heading to the sticks to a friends shack with a few guys to make a fire, drink some beer and get away from them girls. :D Might be a little cold out, but looking forward to it.

Sunday, hopefully waking up without to bad of a headache and then family time. First snow might be on the way that night too.

My Shrine Club and Legion of Honor (Shrine veterans) are having our annual Christmas Party and installation dinner.
I will be installed as Commander of the LOH. Get to wear eagles on my shoulders and everything.
Sunday a.m., church, then later a group of us are going to Blanchard Springs Caverns (one of Arkansas' real treasures) for the annual Christmas Carols Chorus in the Caverns. We have never attended before. The caverns should be a real impressive backdrop for the singing and (I'm told) the sound of the singing sorta self-amplifies in the caverns. No electronic sound equipment needed. Afterwards we are all going to an area restaurant for catfish dinner and camaraderie.
I'm looking forward to it. Believe this will be a very fine kick-off for the Christmas season. We even gave up attending our state party-of-preference annual convention. And it should be a rip snorter, lotsa controversial things happening. It's not often I pass a chance to jump in the mud pit and do some groin kicking and eye clawing (figuratively and politically speaking).

Tonight I'm going to try to get the rest of LOML outdoor Christmas lights put up and powered, and I have a few pens I need to get finished up before Saturday.

Saturday and Sunday I'll be once again trying to sell my wares at an indoor Holiday Market in Northridge. Last weekend was dismal...here's hoping there will be better crowds this weekend. :rolleyes:

Friday:
Watch the NASCAR Awards Ceremonies tonight. Yay, Jimmy!!!

Saturday:
Sleep in a little followed by a good breakfast, then set up our holiday decorations. Dinner at Ruby Tuesday.

Sunday:
Sleep in a lot, then I'll prepare brunch for us as usual. As for the rest of the day, well this is a family site!
:wave:

waiting for the new capacitor to show up, so that i can finish up the stuff for the craft show. once that's in, drill the holes for the tealights, drill the holes for, and turn the 6 sample pens and pencils. then keep an eye open for possible employment.:thumb:

I get to do something unusual this weekend - build an urn. It's a kind of a special project since it will be for my dad who passed away last Friday morning after a protracted illness.

As far back as I can remember, my dad was down in the garage building something and was no doubt my inspiration for getting into woodworking too. I don't have any firm plans but it will probably be a close "interpretation" of one of the ones that I found online. I think the biggest challenge will be to not make it some grand edifice. My father was a fairly simple guy and I strongly suspect he would've preferred a simple form as well.

Although I volunteered to do it, I still consider it quite an honor and am certain that he would have appreciated it.

Sorry to see the news, Peter. Having made an urn for a family member, I can say it's a very reflective process. I'm sure you'll make your dad proud.

Planning to go cut a tree today.

Otherwise I was thinking of a bit of shop time working on some christmas related projects.

I had my H1N1 shot on Thursday, and my left shoulder is aching, and from all accounts it will be for a few days. Then, probably because of the pain, I did something and have a knot in my upper-right back also. :bang: So maybe I'll not do any heavy exertion -- wait a few days to put on the snow tires

I'm very sorry for your loss Peter. I'll be building an urn as well for my wife, just have not settled on the design yet. Probably get started in January.

Drilling about 116 holes on my surrounding wall to fix the bases of the poles that will hold the fence slats.

Giving the slats a coat of protective finish for exteriors.

Tuesday is national holiday here (constitution day) so I'll have one more day to devote to it.

Peter, accept my deepest condolences, I'm sure that if you father liked simple things you'll come up with a piece that would be of his liking.

Last edited: