Its friday so wacha all got planned

My son and I were watching a movie at his home. The wife is away. About 4PM he said you want to go hunt. Well it's a 45 minute drive the the spot he was talking about. So we head out I get on stand at 4:45 deer walks under me a 5:15. Headed on at 5:30. Butching deer and watching Saints &Skins Game.

Not going to be much of a game or will it?

Not much planned for the weekend... Saturday we did a show in K'ville.. this morning still trying to thaw out... snowed until about 11 am .. the show opened at 11 am... went until 8 pm and was colder than the proverbial welldigger's anatomy....
Today we'll watch the Titans beat the Colts :wave::wave::thumb::rofl:
Then since the wife's son is here on his days off, he needs to go into Wally-world and get some things for his next month on the road... he's a truck driver and only gets home about every 45 days...
No shop time today... it's about 25 degrees out and I don't have a heater in my shop anymore...

Caroling in the Caverns

We went to the Caroling in the Caverns yesterday. This is an annual event that brings together two very special features of the area we live in here in the Ozarks of Arkansas. The town of Mountain View is not far from the Blanchard Springs Caverns. Mountain View is known to have a tradition of preserving the old music of the area. There are many fine singers, guitar, dulcimer and fiddle players. And, the caverns are such a special and beautiful treasure, they are hard to describe.
Well folks, I'll admit, I'm not much of a fan of shows or music. But, I thought this might be a nice diversion and social event with friends. Was I wrong.
The singing in the caverns exceeded my expectations by multi-exponential factors.
The singers were not only very-very excellent but the acoustics in the caverns was spectacular. The singers were out of sight for the opening number and I thought the group had to have about 30 people in it. There were seven.
All in all it was an inspiring experience. The mix of traditional and religious Christmas songs was a very beautiful way to kick off the season.
Photography was not allowed. I agree. Flash would have destroyed the ambiance of the beautiful caverns and muted lights. This picture is one I took on a previous tour and should give an idea of some of the beauty of our treasured caverns.

Attachments

• caverns very small.jpg
    caverns very small.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 10