Thank you Dave Richards

Alan Bienlein

Well Dave here is my latest attempt to draw with sketchup. I made one of each piece, saved them as components, copied the required amounts and am able to move pieces around without distorting anything else. Thank you again for the time you took on the phone with me today. It was invaluable.
View attachment latest table.skp
I can't seem to pull components back up that I've saved and named. I'm sure it's staring me in the face but can't remember.
latest table (800 x 410).jpg

Alan,
I think it's from the pull down menu: window - components. A pop-up should then show what you have in the drawing. Click on it and drop it in.

Oh, and the table looks good!

Wes

Good work Alan. And you're quite welcome. You got the bead on the apron just the way we did it earlier today and you did a good job profiling the edge of the top and shaping the legs.

As to getting the components again, did you save the components to some other location other than the In Model library? If not, open the Components browser and click on the little arrow that points out to the right. Choose Open or Create a Local Collection. Navigate to the Components folder and highlight it. Then click on Make New Folder. Give the folder a name and click OK.

Now, select that folder in the drop down list where it says Google. With the folder selected, click on the right-pointing arrow again and choose Add to Favorites.

Next, click on the little + icon in the upper right corner of the Components browser. this will open the secondary pane. Set one of the panes to In Model (drop down) and the other to your new folder. Click on the component thumbnails in the In Model pane and drag them to the other pane.

Let me know how that works for you.

Now, not to nit pick but check all of the mortises and tenons. One of the tenons needs adjustment. Use the X-ray view to see that. There's also an unneeded line sticking up from one corner of the top.

Keep up the good work.

Dave