OT - new cell phone

Over a hundred miles from Pinetop! It is way east of here. I'm at 6200 feet 2 miles from the top of the Rim on HWY 87 at the very northern tip of Gila county.

I have one of those black phones also. Unfortunately it cannot even spell 'cell'!

I have considered an exterior antenna (6 years ago) but service has gotten marginally better since then and I was out of the state for most of the previous 5 years!

No land line so no dock and whatever! Cell phone is my only phone service. More often than not lately incoming calls have gone to voice mail even though my phone was one and on me, yet all I heard was a a 'ding' to indicate a voice mail. That little 'ding' seems to take far less power than an actual call. And the battery runs down quite a bit on a 20 minute call.

Over a hundred miles from Pinetop! It is way east of here. I'm at 6200 feet 2 miles from the top of the Rim on HWY 87 at the very northern tip of Gila county.

I have one of those black phones also. Unfortunately it cannot even spell 'cell'!

I have considered an exterior antenna (6 years ago) but service has gotten marginally better since then and I was out of the state for most of the previous 5 years!

No land line so no dock and whatever! Cell phone is my only phone service. More often than not lately incoming calls have gone to voice mail even though my phone was one and on me, yet all I heard was a a 'ding' to indicate a voice mail. That little 'ding' seems to take far less power than an actual call. And the battery runs down quite a bit on a 20 minute call.

Carol you don't need a land line for dock and talk. All you need is a regular or cordless phone in the house....
Thats the whole point it lets you use your cell phone as if it was a land line and it can stay where you have the best reception. Or if the house was ever wired then it can hook into the house wiring and you can even use that old black phone as thru your cell phone...
Garry