V groove in log?

Hello fellow woodworkers, I have a problem that has been causing me many sleepless nights. I have a vacation home with rustic furnishings. I have used pine logs and made everything from gun racks to end tables, beds, etc My problem.....I am wanting to build a standard dresser but on the edges of the front I want to use pine logs or limbs wrapping around the front and sides of the dresser from top to bottom. I need to cut a 90 degree V notch down the length of the log. Now keep in mind, there are many short stubs sticking out from the shaved log and the the logs are not always straight. The only thing I can think of is slicing the log in half with a bandsaw then cutting one of the peices in half again then gluing the half and 1/4 peice back together. forming the V groove but this would leave an unsightly glue joint. I'm open to all suggestions and ideas. Thanks in advance.

take and attach something to the end of the log to make it square. that can be removed later, run the saw down one side at 45 degrees and then run it down the other side at 45 degrees. that will give you your notch .. then dismantle your temporary ends or sides that were there just for the justification of your log.

were it me, i would leave the logs alone. i would have the 4 straightest for the legs, cut dadoes for the side and back panels, then use mortise and tenon joints to put everything together for the frame.

take and attach something to the end of the log to make it square. that can be removed later, run the saw down one side at 45 degrees and then run it down the other side at 45 degrees. that will give you your notch .. then dismantle your temporary ends or sides that were there just for the justification of your log.

I would go for Larry's suggestion, having in mind that depending on how crooked or stubs the log has the depth of the groove will not be equal along its length, and this will affect the fitting of the drawer fronts

Thanks fellows, the sled came to mind but I wasn't thinking of attaching the sled to the ends of the log DUH must have been a blonde moment LOL I was trying to figure out how to attach a crooked log with stubs to a flat board never once thought about attaching it to the ends. I have been working wood for over 20 yrs and just never thought of it. Dang, It sure had me stumped too.Sometimes things are easy and I was making it hard for some reason. Thanks a bunch.