Solar power coming to a store near you

I think Ontario has a good solution to solar. We have recently legislated the rates you will get paid for electricity you feed back to the grid. So its now possible to do the economic payback math and for companies and individuals to evaluate the merits of the system.

I know of one company that is located in Ontario with a subsidary in France that produces the silicon and panels. They have just announced a whole new venture to establish an end user orientated division of their company to push this further.

I still think our cost of power in our homes is too cheap to make people move to a green solution but i would do it for a different reason if i had cash. I would prefer to be independent and not reliant on the state to provide me with these facilities.

Price will drop as volume increases just like all other tech stuff. They are already way cheaper than they were when i first got involved with them at Philips back in 1980. Then it was special projects only that had to have solar power.

Its chicken and egg again. Someone has to break the mold i guess.:D

Lets see. I would need 20 panels at 800.00 ea plus 3 or 4 grand for installation. My monthly electric bill is currently around $125....That would take about 13 years to payback.
Not including regular maintenance and repair plus having to rip it all down and replace it because this guy went out of business and the new stuff doesn't fit the old stuff.:rofl:
I think I'll wait for the cold fusion generator that Ronco is coming out with in time for Christmas. :)

Lets see. I would need 20 panels at 800.00 ea plus 3 or 4 grand for installation. My monthly electric bill is currently around $125....That would take about 13 years to payback.
Not including regular maintenance and repair plus having to rip it all down and replace it because this guy went out of business and the new stuff doesn't fit the old stuff.:rofl:
I think I'll wait for the cold fusion generator that Ronco is coming out with in time for Christmas. :)

Ya didn't factor in the fact that 13 years after the initial outlay, you're just about due to replace every piece of the entire system... AGAIN. You did it once at seven years. The batteries aren't "forever", the panels aren't "forever", and the charger isn't "forever". Seven years is about what you can count on before replacing everything from soup to nuts.

You get to keep the wire, though. :)