Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Magizines

Old Magizines

Is there any demand for old magazines. I have horded several over the years. From American Woodworker to Family Handyman. This doesn't include all the old Ham Radio magazines or Metalworking magazines. Now that I have been retired for four months I can see that I will never get them all in order or scanned. I need to cut down the clutter so I actually have some room to do things.

So I can't hardly bear to throw these away, is there any place that deals in old copies other than garage sales. I would be glad to give the woodworking ones away but don't know of any clubs or such in the area..

Any leads appreciated..
    Garry

You're local library would probably take them. They especially like full collections.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    You're local library would probably take them. They especially like full collections.
    Thats a good thought however last time I was in our local library they seemed more intent on clearing older stuff. Been a few years and they may have changed again.
    Garry

Got anything on basic machining? Besides some cast and constructed jewelry experience, I'm learning as I go along.

I could write out a receipt for your taxes if you mail them to my school. We would use them gratefully. Let me know. PM me if you want.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    I could write out a receipt for your taxes if you mail them to my school. We would use them gratefully. Let me know. PM me if you want.
    There youb go Gary Thats a fine solution..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Shaul View Post
    Got anything on basic machining? Besides some cast and constructed jewelry experience, I'm learning as I go along.

Joesph

I do but those are books and I was planning on putting those on Ebay but I will get together a list if you are interested.

Tis the Christmas season and this is an ongoing project( removing clutter) so it may be into the new year....

Are your interests in Lathes, Mills or hand work...

I also have a ton of Machinist's Workshop, Projects in Metal, and Home shop Machinist Magazines but I think I may have to get over my hording impulse soem before letting go of these..

Garry
    Last edited by Garry Foster; 12-10-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Jonathon

I would be glad to send the woodworking magazines to your school. I am still sorting as I have them scattered everywhere. PM me an address and I will try and get some out in the next few weeks. Be after Christmas break I suspect. May be broke to up in multiple shipments to reduce weight.

Garry
    Last edited by Garry Foster; 12-10-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Foster View Post
    Jonathon

I would be glad to send the woodworking magazines to your school. I am still sorting as I have them scattered everywhere. PM me an address and I will try and get some out in the next few weeks. Be after Christmas break I suspect. May be broke to up in multiple shipments to reduce weight.

Garry
    Jon Still needing that address if you are still interested in these magazines..

Thanks
    Garry

Garry,

PM sent. Address included. When you get the machinist stuff put together, I have a small metal lathe and mill, for the hobbyist, if you have some things you think I would need to further my own education on that line of thought, put them together, come up with a price and we'll see if we can agree and make the swap!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING