Plunge Router Suggestion

Hey everyone :wave: My aunt is looking to get my cousin a plunge router for Christmas. Her price range is $150. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of one that they liked for this price? I told her I would ask the guys online and give her a couple of suggestions ;) Thanks everyone

wes how much does this guy use a router? possibly get a older model from ebay and get more bang for the buck.. i think your gonna get to high of price on a plunge thats worth gettin new.

Wes - Is it safe to assume that it'll be used primarily for hand use? If so, the Milwaukee 5615-24 is a very nice combination kit with an excellent plunge base and a handy "Body Grip" fixed base feature....on sale from Tyler Tool for ~ $100 shipped until 12/11/09. If she misses the TT deal, it's also on sale from Amazon for $120 shipped.

That should leave enough to get a few decent router bits! :thumb:

Woodcraft.com

TRITON 3-1/4 HP Router, Model TRC001
New! #144303

Does not include a winding handle for above table bit adjustment.

Price: $229.99
Sale: $179.99
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is not the 3-1/4 with above table adjustment handle ---
Still a very good router....

I've got the larger Mil router in my table, and I'm impressed with the build quality, it is rock solid, if the smaller double base unit is like it's big brother, I'd think it would be a good one to own :thumb:

Hey thanks again everyone. Yep I have 2 Milwaukee routers as well, the 5615 and the 5616. I love them. Very stout and easily adjustable. And easy to swap between the two bases. I feel really dumb for not even bothering to look up the price on the 5615 :doh: Just thought it would be above her price range. But she was just over here and I ordered the 5615 with her from Amazon. Also the Milwaukee bushing kit. My cousin will surely be happy. Thanks for the suggestions everyone