Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acoustic Guitar

East Kilbride, Scotland

Acoustic Guitar

Hi all I'm just a newbie here and with my wood craft, but building my guitar has
    certainly shown me that given time and a little help from a master luthier "Dave King" and his articles in Guitar and bass magazine the most difficult of tasks can be accomplished. Yes I made a few boboos along the way but managed to rise above them and now I look at the finished project and am amazed that I actually have a guitar to be proud of and it sounds as good as it looks. I have a Gibson J200 which I bought way back in 1965 it must be feeling a little put out hanging on it's rack as I ignore it for the younger kid on the block.
    I'll put a few more pics in my album but here's one to be going on with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails guitar16.jpg   guitar17.jpg   guitar18.jpg   guitar20.jpg  

Los Angeles, CA
    I don't know nothing about guitars but that is one beautiful guitar.

That's a beauty for your first guitar!! Is the body maple? BTW, welcome to the forum!

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Welcome ! That is sure a beautiful job. I'd like to try one of those myself one day.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

ABQ NM
    That's gorgeous, Alan. Whether it's number 1 or number 100, you did a beautiful job on it. I'm another of those "one of these days I'm gonna build a guitar" guys, too.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Reno NV
    Very nice guitar! I'm sure you'll enjoy playing it for a very long time!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Tokyo Japan
    If that is your first guitar, I got to ask if you are related to Drew, the guy that turns perfect eggs on his knees on his new lathe before he got a stand built

Very nice work Alan, I can't play the guitar to save my life, but I can appreciate a well made instrument.

Thanks for sharing the pics with us!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Vernon, WI
    Welcome Alan, that is a great guitar, especially for a first I ditto the "one of these days I'll build a guitar" idea. Although I think I'll start with an electric because I heard it's easier So that being said too, really points out that you did an excellent job! Did you find it difficult to cut all of the frets in their proper places?

Plainwell, Michigan
    Well done Alan!!! great wood also. Thanks for sharing. I have a Gibson B45 from around the same time and it see's the back seat also, only due to I can't remember how to play it much :P

GTA Ontario Canada
    Well Alan you come to right forum for showing your guitar there are a number of guys here that have that passion. Thats a real nice guitar you have there.