Happy Hanukkah!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking to an evening of stuffing myself full of potato pancakes!

OK I'm confused, is it Chanukah or Hanukah..:huh::dunno:
Will someone please enlighten this gentile during the festival of lights

It's transliterated from Hebrew, and one of the letters (the throaty sound) doesn't entirely have an English equivalent. There's really no right or wrong way to spell it.

this is the first year since I can remember, maybe 30, were not having homemade potato pancakes the first night. It fell out too early and some of the kids that get into the process of mixing and making it all are still away at college, so were going to do the potato pancakes in a couple of weeks:(
(we did get kosher deli pancakes, but it wont be the same indigestion)

this is the first year since I can remember, maybe 30, were not having homemade potato pancakes the first night. It fell out too early and some of the kids that get into the process of mixing and making it all are still away at college, so were going to do the potato pancakes in a couple of weeks:(
(we did get kosher deli pancakes, but it wont be the same indigestion)

My slovak mom used to make homemade potato (or is a potatoe :huh::dunno:) pancakes. they are called roschek (sp?)

I'm a goyem (slang for non-jewish) and grew up eating potato pancakes. We called them bleenies (blee-nees) in my house.

I married a jewish girl (oy vey :doh:) and got to make the latkes tonight. I've got a cut on my knuckle from shredding the potatoes, oil splatter burns on my hands and grease all over my glasses from frying them in the oil. It's definitely the first night of Hanukah :thumb:

Happy Hanukah to all.

Cheers

Jim