Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DeWalt 735 Fixed

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Smile DeWalt 735 Fixed

I was planeing some maple today and my Planer quite feeding. I can see the rollers turnung. I tried scuffing them with sand paper but they still wont grab the stock. any ideas
    Last edited by Don Baer; 12-13-2009 at 10:20 PM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Try taking lighter cuts and see if it feeds maybe?

Mine did a similar thing not long ago. I took it apart and cleaned it and it fed ok after.
    Maybe the boards are cupped causing the top of the board to stick before it gets to the knives?

Also, I noticed on my HF dust collector on the intake where the hose goes into the blower there was a stamped shield almost the shape of a old 50 caliber anti aircraft sight. KInd of a cross witha circle in the middle. Anyway, the shavings would get stuck in the shield and eventually clog the DC. This caused my planer to stop sucking the shavings and clogged the planer. I cut the shield out of the DC and now everything works fine. The planer does'nt clog and jam up the rollers and knives.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I wish that were the case Bob, I took it all apart and everything was clean I am only trying to take off a 32nd..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

How is the bed? I had trouble with mine a few months back and the bed was in need of a good waxing. It wasn't terribly obvious either, but the wax really helped.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    How is the bed? I had trouble with mine a few months back and the bed was in need of a good waxing. It wasn't terribly obvious either, but the wax really helped.
    Now theres athought. I'll give it a try.

When I was planing some maple recently, I found that as the blades got dull, the feed mechanisim didn't work as well. I cleaned the rollers off with some mineral spirits, put some sharp blades on it, and the problem went away...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

When the 735 won't feed, it's usually dull blades in my experience. That's sort of how I tell when it's time to change the blades.

Mike
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

are the feed roller metal or rubber? dont laugh never been inside one of the critters but in printing rubber feed rollers get hard and you can soften them back up.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Mine appear to be something like rubber, definitely not metal. I had this issue with my brand new planer, so I'm assuming that it was the dull blades that gave me the fits (and the hard as a rock maple)
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

this one has rubber roolers but they are somewhat soft. Now where did I put that wax