DeWalt 735 Fixed

Try taking lighter cuts and see if it feeds maybe?

Mine did a similar thing not long ago. I took it apart and cleaned it and it fed ok after.
Maybe the boards are cupped causing the top of the board to stick before it gets to the knives?

Also, I noticed on my HF dust collector on the intake where the hose goes into the blower there was a stamped shield almost the shape of a old 50 caliber anti aircraft sight. KInd of a cross witha circle in the middle. Anyway, the shavings would get stuck in the shield and eventually clog the DC. This caused my planer to stop sucking the shavings and clogged the planer. I cut the shield out of the DC and now everything works fine. The planer does'nt clog and jam up the rollers and knives.

How is the bed? I had trouble with mine a few months back and the bed was in need of a good waxing. It wasn't terribly obvious either, but the wax really helped.

When I was planing some maple recently, I found that as the blades got dull, the feed mechanisim didn't work as well. I cleaned the rollers off with some mineral spirits, put some sharp blades on it, and the problem went away...

are the feed roller metal or rubber? dont laugh never been inside one of the critters but in printing rubber feed rollers get hard and you can soften them back up.

Mine appear to be something like rubber, definitely not metal. I had this issue with my brand new planer, so I'm assuming that it was the dull blades that gave me the fits (and the hard as a rock maple)

an amateur would like to speak up on the 735 issue.
Something I learned a while ago from Tom Niemi.
Make sure first of all, the rubber rollers are cleaned off.
A slight cover of dust will take away alot of their gripping power.
Be extremely careful putting your hands under there, but wipe them off, or clean from top also.
Next, if you are planing in very cold temps, that will effect the rollers, and they tend to lose a bit of their grip in cold temps.
Next, wax, and wax again.
I use butchers bowling alley wax, works great, as I plane so much mahogany, and that fine dust messes up everything. ONe good waxing with butchers, the wood slides through again like brand new.
If the blades were bad, you would probably see cut lines, or slits on the wood, , if they are dull, youre going to have badly planed wood.l It doesnt hurt to turn the blades around , or just turn one around to see if only one is bad.
Most important, clean those rollers and wax that bed.

+1 on waxing the bed. Once I had done so much other work to fix the problem, when the wax did it . . . well let's just say I won't forget that episode soon ;-)

If rubber, how would you soften it?
As an old-old timer, I go back to days of manual typewriters. The rollers often became hard and slick making the typer almost useless. I remember trying lot of things to soften and never with satisfactory results.
Does my Griz have rubber rollers? :dunno: Will have to look.
The wax on bed seems like a good idea also.

If rubber, how would you soften it?
As an old-old timer, I go back to days of manual typewriters. The rollers often became hard and slick making the typer almost useless. I remember trying lot of things to soften and never with satisfactory results.
Does my Griz have rubber rollers? :dunno: Will have to look.
The wax on bed seems like a good idea also.

When they get hard, you really SHOULD just replace 'em. They're not priced like gold...

You CAN soften 'em with sodium hypochlorite bleach, but it sure doesn't do 'em any good. You can sometimes soften 'em by soaking in Dexron automatic transmission fluid, too, but again it doesn't do 'em any good & you'd likely get ATF all over your wood.