Success!

KaLea Thoits

Since this is both flat and spinny I figured I'd put it here....
I'm proud to say that on this very fine Monday I have successfully made half a pen (blew up the other half) and turned I 3 prong hair fork into a 2 prong hairfork!
*bowing* Thank you... thank you very much

Someday I may learn that some woods I am better at turning and some are better used for forks... in the mean time I will continue on the edge of my seat waiting for the next thing to blow up and magically transform itself from one project to another :thumb:

There are NO "mistakes", only "design changes". :thumb:

Imagination can make anything into something else! :huh:

The greatest opportunity we have is to wait until something is "finished" to decide what, in fact, its designed function really is! :dunno:

Last edited:
Thats OK Kalea, I glued up a 4x5 block that is part of a stand for a processional cross I am making for the church, Problem is the block needed a 1x2 cutout down the center for the cross to sit in which I failed to notice until after the glue up had dried.:(

Last edited:
These incidents in particular Larry could not have been corrected by better instruction... unless you count listening to that little voice in my head that said "don't keep trying to part that off like that cause you are going to blow it up" and in the case of the hairfork... purely the nature of the beast. I like to use unique woods in the things that I make (don't we all?) even though it makes it that much more challenging. Birdseye maple is a funny critter and you just can't predict what it's going to do.. get one of them little eyes in just the right place in a prong and *snap* c'iest la vie :dunno:

Couple things

The worst day working wood is still better than the best day at work.

Difference between a crafstman and an artist:
-a crafstman points out the mistakes
-an artists highlights them as "features" :eek::D:thumb::wave:;)