better late than never

KaLea Thoits

So I've been around a while and haven't gotten around to posting any pics of my "shop". Although it isn't what you all are used to in terms of shop tours.... I'm gonna post anyways because its where I spend a good deal of crafty time.... even if not wood crafting (besides you've already seen Chuck's shop and that where the wood stuff happens... to dusty for my space :rofl:)

Here is the outside.... did I mention my shop used to be a home for horses? She moved out and took them with her and the barn was re-purposed and much improved ;) It is sort of hard to see in the pic but there are custom iron dragonflies that are the corner support brackets for the entry roof. Some day when I learn how to do leaded stained glass I am going to glass in their wings.

tn_shop.jpg

This is the front counter area

4195538560_db50dda2f4_o.jpg

This is the China cabinet that you san see from the first pic and the right (south) side of the seating area

4195539654_a24ebb13ef_o.jpg

This is the rest of the seating area (that awesome purple chair actually goes to the renaissance faires with us :D

4195539546_792d169ed8_o.jpg

The purple chair again with the glass display case

4195539452_7d940dafe1_o.jpg

Glass display case with behind the counter/stairs area

4194781173_c5dcaf783c_o.jpg

This is inside the glass case from the right side

4195539342_b11492cfbe_o.jpg

This is inside the the right half of the case from the top

4194782423_3fedef1945_o.jpg

This is inside the the left half of the case from the top

4194782315_357ff55ceb_o.jpg

This is inside the glass case from the left side

4194781723_369e7a5a53_o.jpg

My jewelry display... custom made cases that fold up and latch for easy transportation.. Chuck really should go into the "vending display" business

4194781275_01e8a85d40_o.jpg

Jewelry display (with Bob the cannon) and cutting boards display

4195539966_a6689b5af9_o.jpg

Cutting board display area with Happy the suit of armor.

4195540072_6ba2fd2219_o.jpg

My work room from the doorway that Happy gaurds

4194782829_3ddd9edd8e_o.jpg

My work table covered in creative inspiration *stuff*

4194782921_c4b43e436b_o.jpg

A larger view of the workshop area.... from the side that is taken up by the air hockey table =)

4195540156_641c27bcfa_o.jpg

Custom built glass rack (there envelopes have glass in them), glass grinder, boxes of beads.. etc etc etc, essentially the parts area of my work room

4194781463_2dbeb0f03c_o.jpg

Wow.... that took a while! :eek:

Man that is a great way to utilize that there space until you get a couple more horses!!:rolleyes::D:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Beautiful things abound in that building. Thank you for the tour. Will be showing this to my wife and daughters this weekend. I assume this is a store for your goods?

No more horses.. I'm not a horse person. Don't get me wrong, they are pretty to look at... in some one else's yard ;)

It is indeed where we have our stuff for sale, and where I make jewelry pieces and stained glass and other non-wood kind of things. Upstairs (no pics of that) is where Chuck and I got married. It is a large central room that holds all of our faire garb (that's clothes or what you mundane people would call costumes ;) ) and off the back is a short space (there is a small covered area off the back of the barn, we call it the bump) that I use for a meditation room.
The whole place has a really amazing feel that can't really be conveyed in pics.... warmth, happiness... just plain good vibes =)

Looks like a very nice and tranquil place. Lot's of cool inventory as well :thumb:

Just wondering if late at night Happy ever freaks you out?

last night I was out there late shooting pics.... I had just gotten done with all I decided I was going to do for the night and the power went out.... I can tell you THAT was a little scary, not cause Happy was there lurking in the dark... but who knows what else was! :eek:
Also have to note that when the power goes out at 11:30 on a moonless night and you have just spent 2+hours staring up close and personal at two 100watt lights.... it is VERY VERY dark for at least 10 minutes until your eye adjust!

I just thought I would toss in here that Happy and his sword where hand made by Jamie a blacksmith friend from CT.

that warmth she speaks of is over flowing in there and the person running the store has a fair amount of it to folks and her better half, well it has rubbed off some:) i speak this way because i have personally been there to see and feel it!:wave:

KaLea,

Nice building, it looks nice and cozy. I can definitely see how you get that warm and happiness feeling.

I'm going to show your website to my wife, your stuff has the look she likes.

Randy

Wow, what a great presentation! :thumb:

I know I'd spend some time looking at all the wonderful things in there, but I think my daughters and wife would spend the whole day in there :D

Great tour! :wave: