blanket chest.

Here's one I made last summer. It has a little G&G inspiration. One change I would make is I wish I would have added a cloud lift on the bottom front and sides. If I build another I'll do that. The dang sapwood showing in the fingers still bothers me too!

Attachments

• blanket chest 002 (Medium).jpg
    blanket chest 002 (Medium).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 52
  • blanket chest 012 (Medium).jpg
    blanket chest 012 (Medium).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 57
  • blanket chest 013 (Medium).jpg
    blanket chest 013 (Medium).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 54
  • blanket chest 016 (Medium).jpg
    blanket chest 016 (Medium).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 50
It looks great John , you know I don't care how many you build you can always make changes to your own work , just like building a house > always wish you had of done something different .....pretty work without a doubt..:thumb:.......:type: Marshall

Chuck,

Here's one I posted here a while back. It's Aromatic Cedar throughout. I used coved, bracket feet to add a little pizzazz to it.

Attachments

• Blanket Chest.JPG
    Blanket Chest.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Bracket Feet.JPG
    Bracket Feet.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 52
Cody did you carve the feet or are they store bought?

For each foot, I box jointed two 6/4 x 7" x 4 1/2" pieces together and then coved them on the tablesaw, taking two passes per foot to do both sides. After they were coved, I used a template to mark them on the back side and cut out the shape on the bandsaw. The top portion was then rounded over with a block plane and the saw marks sanded out of the cove using a spindle from my OSS.

I've got an auxiliary fence that I made to get the same cove angle every time and a 1/2" box joint jig to join the brackets. Works great.

Last edited: