Prepared for the blizzard on the east coast!

allen levine

I came home from work, my wife told me we are prepared for the blizzard of 09.
I went upstairs, had a long day at work.
Sometimes a picture just says it all.wood stuff 1561 (Medium).jpg

uh, what type of storm is she expecting?

wish I had some woodworking pics to show.

Maybe her college reunion class is spending the weekend at my house?
Maybe one of the airlines asked her if we can take in some borders stuck at Kennedy?
Maybe I should watch what she cooks me this weekend?
(vaughn, Im sorry about the bandwidth)

Same thing happens when a storm enters the gulf. First items to disappear from the store shelves is tiolet paper, milk and bread. I sure miss the snow!

That's just good planning Allen. I remember running out of certain supplies when I used to be a bachelor. That has NEVER happend since I married my wife...

Ya know Allen theirs three people sitting home right now that can't wipe because your wife bought every roll in the market.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

she only got 2 bottles of milk and one loaf of bread.

I gotta work tomorrow, not sure how Ill get through the narrow streets of queens and brooklyn, but the F150 has the power, I hope the other cars arent blocking the streets.

she only got 2 bottles of milk and one loaf of bread.

I gotta work tomorrow, not sure how Ill get through the narrow streets of queens and brooklyn, but the F150 has the power, I hope the other cars arent blocking the streets.

Allen I have learned from living up in Northern BC that when it gets like that no matter what you drive stay home and don't add to the mess. Emergency vehicals need as much room as they can to get to the people that need help and you are helping them out by staying home. Even though you may own an F-150 and may be the most experienced driver around it is the others out there that don't and can't that cause most of the problems.

Down here its steaks and beer before a hurricane.

Just recently when there was a chance of snow(hardly ever snows and just about never in December)... the ice cream section in the store was bare either they didn't restock or there was a run on ice cream.

I wanted to grill up hamburgers last night, I couldnt find my barbeque, its under a drift. REally wasnt bad though, I went to work sunday morning and it seems NYC sanit dept was on the ball this year, the roads that are usually unpassable with 4 inches of snow, were pretty clear first thing sunday am.
We got around 14 or so, a bit east of us they got 26 inches overnight.
Its usually pretty crippling for LI, the local towns never seemed prepared for big snow, but this year I was very impressed with road conditions.
My kids went to college in two upstate cities, where heavy snow is commonplace, yet the local towns are so quick to respond up there. never seems to be big problems for them.

I went to work sunday morning and it seems NYC sanit dept was on the ball this year, the roads that are usually unpassable with 4 inches of snow, were pretty clear first thing sunday am.
We got around 14 or so, a bit east of us they got 26 inches overnight.
Its usually pretty crippling for LI, the local towns never seemed prepared for big snow, but this year I was very impressed with road conditions.
\
Several weekend I found my self in Rochester in Jan with a weekend off. I had a sister in LI so I decided to drive down and visit her. When I left the snow was just starting. It got worse as I drove south. By the time I got to the Tapenze bridge it was closed so I went down to NJ and used the George Wash to go through the city. What a mess. I finaly got to my sisters about 16 hours after I started my trip. What a nightmare.

Well Allen i am only catching up here but i guess your missus must have been a girl guide in her youth. I know the boy scout motto is "Be Prepared" figure the girls must have had something similar. :D

Let her know she aint crazy, in our house i do the same err well maybe not quiet as much.:rofl: Loml always saying do we need all this stuff and where ya gonna put it. I say hey that why we have a cold room.:)

after watching that video, it kind of reminded me of how the boston massacre happened. colonials throwing snowballs at british troops, acting all rowdy and such, to the point where the brits thought they were going to be attacked by the mob, opened fire when they thought they heard a shot being fired.