Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess I had to wait too long.

Unhappy I guess I had to wait too long.

Well, after scrimping and saving since this time last year. Not buying anything for the shop the whole year, I finally got over the hump to order my new cabinet saw. When the Grizzly G0691 came out in the '09 Griz catalog last December, I decided that saw fulfilled all my needs. Maybe not all my wants, but all my needs.
    I emailed with CS 3 times on Thursday at work, checking to see who it would ship by. The rep said it would be UPS Freight. They actually even gave me the web site addy and phone number to call them!! After talking with the UPS rep to make sure they had trucks other than tractor/trailers with 53' trailers for delivery (they also have some 28' I'm going to guess bobtails or box trucks with liftgates), I sat on it until today. Called one more time to check on how many days it usually takes this time of year for delivery (3-5) then called back at the second intermission of the Stars/Red Wings game. Everything went as expected. Jennifer was very thorough and polite, explaining all the details. Then the bombshell....Back ordered until April. I knew it would be a possibility, especially with the ad in Wood Magazine with it on sale at $1215.00 and free freight. But there hadn't been any talk on the wood forums about it being on BO, so I hoped I was safe. I told her I had waited this long for it, a few more months wouldn't be the end of the world.
    Of course, I hope it comes in earlier. I asked about other warehouses. There are some in Washington, but with free shipping, it has to come out of the nearest warehouse, which would be Springfield, MO. So I'll wait. I'm not mad, just a little disappointed. I still get the price since I've got it on order, so I'm fine there. Just wanted to share my Christmas agony! Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 12-20-2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: changed that to than so it makes sense
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Jim,

That's a bummer. I know you've wanted that for a long time. Hang in there, good things come to those who wait.

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas,

Randy

Bummers!

But, as long as you get the same price, hopefully you'll get it sooner than their estimate...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

What a drag. Ah well, it should be well worth the wait. Congrats on the new purchase, whether you have it in the shop yet or not.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Oh, thats disappointing.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I have had things on back order, instead of ranting and raving about it, took your approach and said, what the heck, I'll order and wait and over half of the time it comes sooner than they anticipated or else my mindset made it seem that way. (I think they prioritize the list based on the abuse they get on the phone!) Good mental attitude, bet it comes sooner than they stated!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

backorders are funny things jim. the sweaterdress i got my wife for our anniversary was on backorder until dec 14th, (this was earlier in dec). funny thing was, they sent it out a couple of days later, and it was a week after we received it, that we got a card in the mail, apologizing for the delay...
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Well, when you do get it, you will appreciate it that much more

Great price for sure!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Just wanted to update here. Shiraz Bololia posted on my thread about this at SMC and said the April date is wrong. There are some leaving the factory right now, and should be here during the month of Jan.!!!! There is also the possibility of normal stock transfers from one whse to another that could get one to me, but again in January. That is really great news! Thanks for all the positive vibes!!! It worked! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Awesome news Jim!! Got your duct work ready yet?

Randy