After letting the turned parts sit for a whole year, I hauled them out to try and finish this project of my grandsons bed. After the glue up of 2x6 maple, had several problems with cracking, glue joint failure. After some repairs, re-turning on the lathe, I was fed up and tossed it under the bench . With this years presents done, I pulled out the turned parts, no more cracking, etc. Did some repair by gluing wood in the cracks. So I laminated up the 4/4 maple into the headboard yesterday, then glued on a trim piece for the top. Today I cut out the headboard, cut mortises and did some fitting. Some pics from last year and yesterday and today's progress.