Donut Chuck used in Scroll Chuck

Hi Guys,

I am going to be making a new donut chuck and would like to add a piece onto the back so that it can go directly into my SN2 chuck, rather than using a faceplate.

My question, what would be best type of glue to use for securing the block of wood to the donut chuck? I would really hate for that piece to come apart and then the entire bowl and donut chuck go flying across the room.

Should I also use some sort of woodworm screw for added hold between the donut chuck and the piece that will be hooked to the back?

Thanks again!

Regular good old yellow glue will work fine, but, remember, the glue block is only going t be as strong as the top layer of veneer on the plywood, I'd put some screws into the glue block, that you will have your tenon on that will be held by the SN" chuck, counter sink the screws and predrill the holes too.

Good idea, BTW.

I bought one of the Beal wood taps, so I made up a block that is threaded that is glued and screwed to the plywood base of the donut chuck, that way my SN2 chuck is not off the table to use.

Cheers!

Regular good old yellow glue will work fine, but, remember, the glue block is only going t be as strong as the top layer of veneer on the plywood, I'd put some screws into the glue block, that you will have your tenon on that will be held by the SN" chuck, counter sink the screws and predrill the holes too.

Good idea, BTW.

Cheers!

Ditto... I made a 13 7/8 longworth chuck that I put a glue block on the back side of... I used regular wood glue, then added screws for additional strength.