Granddaughter's Cradles - DONE

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Since I am posting pics, here are the cradles for my granddaughters, at least where I am at this point. I still have to make the rockers and stain them, but what the hey, they are only for christmas, and there is LOTS of time yet:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The first is made from rift sawn red oak and the second one is from some of Larrys great Chocolate (thanks again Bud:thumb::thumb::thumb:)

Attachments

• Siearra's Cradle 1.jpg
    Siearra's Cradle 1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Siearra's Cradle 2.jpg
    Siearra's Cradle 2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Dana's Cradle 1.jpg
    Dana's Cradle 1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Dana's Cradle 2.jpg
    Dana's Cradle 2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Nice Flatwork there Tom:thumb::thumb: Hey hows the kitchen doing? Did i miss the post of pics or something. You seem to have a lot of space in your shop suddenly, tells me the kitchen is done or am i wrong?:D

Some lucky girls gonna be very happy this Christmas.:thumb:
I could see that chocolate had a certain persons name on it.:rofl::rofl: Why would you want to go to any old lumber yard when you have one up the road.:):D:thumb:

Nice Flatwork there Tom:thumb::thumb: Hey hows the kitchen doing? Did i miss the post of pics or something. You seem to have a lot of space in your shop suddenly, tells me the kitchen is done or am i wrong?:D

You must of missed it Rob, it's been done for months :eek::rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Well I keep finding projects that keep pulling me away from the kitchen. These cradles are the last of them then back to the staining. That is taking FOREVER:doh: I will NEVER use gel stain again, I have grown a great dislike for it. But thanks for asking Rob, I will be back on them SOON:D

Thanks for the comments all, these should be nice when done. They are full size cradles and they held my weight when standing in them so I don't think the girls will be able to do much damage even if they try:)

Finished in the "nick" of time

Here are my granddaughters cradles all complete, nothing like waiting to the last day:p:rofl::rofl::rofl: I still would like to put one more coat on them, but I will have to see if the girls will let me keep them for another day, ya right:rofl: No big deal if not. Merry Christmas everyone:wave:

(only one more clock to finish and I will be done, I better get back to the shop or...........well:doh::D)

Attachments

• Dana's Finished 3.jpg
    Dana's Finished 3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Dana's Finished 2.jpg
    Dana's Finished 2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 40
  • Dana's Finished 1.jpg
    Dana's Finished 1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 41
  • Sierra's finished 3.jpg
    Sierra's finished 3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Sierra's finished 2.jpg
    Sierra's finished 2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Sierra's finished 1.jpg
    Sierra's finished 1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Both together.jpg
    Both together.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 40
over flowing tom. some day i will have to show you the rest of stash, and the big chocolate was delivered yesterday to get into slabs:) and there was a bigger log layun there beside it of some kind of tree???

over flowing tom. some day i will have to show you the rest of stash, and the big chocolate was delivered yesterday to get into slabs:) and there was a bigger log layun there beside it of some kind of tree???

I forgot about the one you were going to slab out, did it come out as you hoped? I have another cradle to build as you know Larry and I am thinking cherry:)

Sometimes old posts need to be brought to current times, yes, 8 year old post, but I made these cradles for my granddaughters for their dolls in hopes that maybe some day they will be used for their own children, well today that happened, 6 weeks early I have a great, yes great grandson, sure didn't think I'm that old but guess I am, so the walnut cradle will be in use for real. He is healthy, pre-mature, 3 lb 15 oz, 17", he will have a short stay in the hospital but will be fine, just had-needed to share here:)