Present fit for a King

Rob Keeble

Well ya all know of the "Wake up and get back at it" swap we been having on our forum lately.

Well Friday i finished my swap project and took a drive to Mack Camerons place to deliver it. Turned out Darren was looking out for me when he answered my call to have another Canadian as a swap buddy. Nothing against you guys in the USA just wanted to visit someone local.:D:D:thumb:

Anyhow Mack and i got through chewing the fat and chatting and i got to see his gorgous pens again. There i was drooling over the whole bunch slobering like a dog (yeah nice dog ya got there Mack lots of character).

He was surprized to find out I was his swap buddy but i knew the old saying "the shoemaker never has shoes" which was the origin of my decision for the swap item i made.

Well time came to leave and i wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, shook old Macks hand and got into the car. Then i am just about to close the door and old Mack says to me Eh got something for ya.

What does he pop in my hand .....well one of his fine writing instruments. Now this aint the first one of Macks Pens i come to have. No he gave me one after i sent him a piece of Osage Orange to turn. He made two and gave one to me.

But when he put one of these in my hands, :eek: well i would be lying if i did not admit to having a lump in my throat and a tear in my eyes.

Canadian flag pen 1.jpgCanadian Flag Pen.jpgCanadian Pen.jpg

I think many of you know how much i love my newly adopted homeland and the flag says it all.:cool::headbang::thumb: I dont think there is a gift i will recieve this Christmas to top this one. I had wanted one of these Pens. Have been thinking of when the budget would allow the purchase of one. But when Mack gave me one well i was over the moon.

Mack I cant express how delighted i am. :):)The pen means a great deal to me as does our friendship. Thanks a ton.:thumb: Sorry it took me a few days to get this up here.

Just for clarrification for those not familiar with this pen kit, the maple leaf in this kit is laser cut out of the round and in the raw its not dyed red. I dont know what magic Mack applies but boy if you see the kit and then hold the finished item there is real skill involved here.

Mack i hope and wish you sell many many more. :thumb:

I could say that I was green with envy but looking at that pen I'd have to say that I'm red.:) That truly is gloat worthy, I always look forward to Mack's posts because he does such fine work!

Mack, looking forward to seeing your gift filled and emptied a few times as well as the pens made from the inventory stored! Rob, you have a gem of a pen from a master pen turner! On the cloudiest of days, I would need sunglasses on to hide the tears in my eyes. Good job the two of you!!!!! Evidently this family knows the meaning of the season upon us!

Great story Rob. I'm sure you will put the pen to good use. I have always admired Mack's pens as well. He is a master with them. It's always fun to hear when someone receives a gift that they truly cherish.

Tom

Man, I just read the title to this thread, nope, no way, nada, not happening, never, ever, not in this lifetime,,,,,,,,,,, KING ROB??!!!!:huh::dunno: Man, elect a guy to the mod board and at Christmas time he announces his coup on the group and we are now his subjects?:eek: Hmmmmmmm, Uhmmmmm Larry, can you control this character???:doh::dunno: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Man, I just read the title to this thread, nope, no way, nada, not happening, never, ever, not in this lifetime,,,,,,,,,,, KING ROB??!!!!:huh::dunno: Man, elect a guy to the mod board and at Christmas time he announces his coup on the group and we are now his subjects?:eek: Hmmmmmmm, Uhmmmmm Larry, can you control this character???:doh::dunno: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

As they say, Jonathan, "Give a man an inch, he'll take a foot and become a ruler". :rofl:

Rob, that's absolutely gorgeous. Mack's gifted you with a real treasure. I have a lot of relatives in the frozen North that would love that pen. One of these days, when my skills are improved, I need to make one for myself.

Thanks for all the comments guys except Jonathan of course.:D:thumb:

Hey Jonathan, you sailing close to the wind there (if you know what i mean):rofl: I am the most anti royalty guy you can find. If this were cowboy days i would be on my horse and heading over there to teach you a lesson.:rofl: Or i would get a bow hunter from Michigan to go on by and clip ya on the ear.

Yeah the lesson would be how to read english you school teacher you.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
But i guess you practicing for Washington with this acquired skill of yours of reading into the words what aint there. :rofl::rofl::rofl: I think they would take you on either side of the fence.

On the other hand i see from the records your taxes aint all paid up since we aint seen your swap materialize yet. Ya just opened pandoras box you "little man with two horns" just like your bulls.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey Jonathan, you sailing close to the wind there (if you know what i mean):rofl: I am the most anti royalty guy you can find. If this were cowboy days i would be on my horse and heading over there to teach you a lesson.:rofl: Or i would get a bow hunter from Michigan to go on by and clip ya on the ear.

On the other hand i see from the records your taxes aint all paid up since we aint seen your swap materialize yet. Ya just opened pandoras box you "little man with two horns" just like your bulls.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, if you think it was tough getting to Larry's, wait until you try my house!!! Guess your best bet would be buy a horse off of me, then when you get close, just drop the reins on his neck and he would bring ya home!!!!
Actually my neighbor down the road, he drives his horse and buggy to the tavern. His old horse would cut the corner on his driveway and break the shafts catching the wheel's hub on the light pole!!!! (I think the horse did it on purpose as he could come 7 miles without hitting anything?)

On that there unpaid tax, well let's just hope the ole USPS gets it there today like they said. Anxiously awaiting the verdict. I did give it the ole "shotgun approach" as they say in the hopes one item at least would catch their fancy!:eek::huh::dunno::doh::rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb:

Man, I just read the title to this thread, nope, no way, nada, not happening, never, ever, not in this lifetime,,,,,,,,,,, KING ROB??!!!!:huh::dunno: Man, elect a guy to the mod board and at Christmas time he announces his coup on the group and we are now his subjects?...

Bow when you say that, Peasant. :bow:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rob I would ask ya for a letter of mark so I could be a privateer. But well ya know I like being a plan ol pirate. :thumb:
That way I don't have to split the loot with ya.:rofl::rofl::rofl: