...... so I could use my Dado blade
I actually used it for the first time, as they originally shipped the wrong cartridge with my saw, and I had get it exchanged, but the company I bought the saw from in Canada, has since gone out of business the friend I had help me out in Canada, well he was able to get me a replacement, and he has one of the original SawStops, so the wrong cartridge for my saw, is the right one for his saw...
The SawStop worked very well with the dado set, I do think I need to get it sharpened..... the dado set, not the SawStop...
My youngest daughter, Mizuki, needs a bookcase, or shelf for her stuff, she had these old shelf things that we got somewhere, that were falling apart, and she wanted me to make her a new shelf, well, one thing had led to another, and I've still not made her the shelf, so she decided to light a fire under me by trashing the old shelves............
..... I think we can agree she needs a new shelf, or bookcase....
Nothing too fancy, I was able to get some ready to go knotty pine for a reasonable price and she was fine with that. Just standard through dado construction, with screws and glue holding it together.
The edges of the boards I got were not really what I'd call smooth, so I used my back bench with the legvice and the sliding deadman, as well as my new LN 62 to make them edges smooth! I also put a small chamfer on the edges to make them nice to touch.
The back of the unit will be some 5.3mm (just under 1/4") thick nice plywood, and I'm making it so the back slides into a groove like a drawer bottom. To make the cut on the back of the top, I'd have to make a stop cut or use the router etc, well, I don't have a 5.3mm bit for the router, so I used the saw, but I had to go all the way through, but to hide this fact, I filled in the groove.
Just a thin piece of wood, cut to size then planed to make it fit snug, glued in to the groove.
Then parred off with the chisel and then planed flat and smooth with the hand plane, just about disappears
After that, I screwed and glued it all together......
looking not bad for an afternoon's work
I then added the front bottom piece to keep the dust bunnies at bay.
Now I need to cut the plywood and install that for the back. I think I'll do a final sanding and put some sanding sealer on it before I put the back on. The finish will just be some wipe on coloured poly.
Should have it done by Christmas, honestly, I don't know where I've been able to steal the time........ oh yeah, not sleeping much these days