Cutting Board

randy street

I borrowed a design from Vaughn and made this for my good friend. The wood is Maple, Walnut and Cherry. My first end grain board. Hopefully he likes it. I ran out of time to make the finger slots on the ends. Since Ive never done those I want to practice some. He fly's back to Oklahoma City this afternoon so i want to give it to him today. I'll see if he will let me have it will he's off from XMas and I'll make the slots and give it back to him.

Thanks for looking. Comments and critique are welcomed and needed.

Randy

Ned_CB_001.jpg

Ned_CB_002.jpg

Ned_CB_003.jpg

Ned_CB_004.jpg

great board Randy!

One question, how did you flatten the top?

Vaughn does some really great stuff and is very generous sharing his techniques.

I cheated and took it to the lumber store. They have a wide belt sander and sanded it for me. It was the best $8 I spent!!

I could see when that tool would be very handy. Of course there is always the cost of it that might hender any purchase. :D:D

Randy

Randy, that's NOT cheating. You bought the use of a tool. Sounds smart and economical to me. :thumb:

I agree. $8 is well worth it. If my local hardwood store didn't charge something like a minimum of $30 for belt sander time, I'd have been on that like white on rice. :p

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm, are all of you politely ignoring Larry admitting to trying to seduce Randy into the vortex? :eek:

watch those rounded edges and that vaughn guy randy,, i will try to seduce yu into the vortex

Randy, that is one nice board. I cannot imagine the horrors that abound trying to get all of those lines (checker board squares) lined up. :eek::huh:

Finger slots, blood grooves, not needed if they are going to use it for cutting fresh loaves of bread! Nice work!!!