Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reflections on Family woodworking

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Reflections on Family woodworking

It been a little over three years since this forum started and boy I don't think any of use who were around in the begining had any idea that it would turn out to be as great a place as it is. It has grown in just what the name implies. The fact that it has become such a caring yet diverse group is a tribute to the members. I am proud to be a member of such a group and want to wish you all the best during this holiday season.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Amen to what Don said.

I don't post very often, but I do stop by every day to check in.

Merry Christmas to all my friends at FWW!

Tony

Tony, BCE '75

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    It been a little over three years since this forum started and boy I don't think any of use who were around in the begining had any idea that it would turn out to be as great a place as it is. It has grown in just what the name implies. The fact that it has become such a caring yet diverse group is a tribute to the members. I am proud to be a member of such a group and want to wish you all the best during this holiday season.
    Don marry christmas (happy holidays) to you and yours, and ofcorse to every one on here that made me feel welcome. After being on a different forum for years that i never really felt welcome at, except by a small few it was great finding this site that i feel comfortable with.
    Steve

Don and Steve, I will just say, "ditto" on what you typed. I have never felt as an outsider or outcast regardless the outrageous idea I put out for comments!

Tony, miss seeing your posts, glad you lurk, hope the new year brings you many completed wood projects!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and any of the other reasons for this season that I may have missed, hope you enjoy it for all of the right reasons.

oh, HAPPY NEW YEAR also
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Amen !!
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Definitely a great place to be!!

Happy, happy to everybody and a great big thanks to all who contribute of their time and experiences here. As for all you lookie-loos . . . . . . oh, alright; happy, happy to you folks too . I have really enjoyed being part of this forum. My time spent here as moderator, contributor and just plain old observer is always a positive part of my day. From all the great comments we get around here I would say that is true for many, many others as well. Enjoy!
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

This place IS truly a Family, and I feel great to be a small part of it. Thanks for having me and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.

Having been the beneficiary of the open kindness, caring, and 'family' feeling of this group I can only echo, and emphasize, what Don has already said. A finer bunch of sawdust adicts cannot be found anywhere on the globe. Blessings to all of you this Christmas!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

It doesn't seem possible that it has been three years.

Like Tony mentioned, I don't post much here but I do check in almost everyday.