Reflections on Family woodworking

Don Baer

Staff member
It been a little over three years since this forum started and boy I don't think any of use who were around in the begining had any idea that it would turn out to be as great a place as it is. It has grown in just what the name implies. The fact that it has become such a caring yet diverse group is a tribute to the members. I am proud to be a member of such a group and want to wish you all the best during this holiday season.

It been a little over three years since this forum started and boy I don't think any of use who were around in the begining had any idea that it would turn out to be as great a place as it is. It has grown in just what the name implies. The fact that it has become such a caring yet diverse group is a tribute to the members. I am proud to be a member of such a group and want to wish you all the best during this holiday season.

Don marry christmas (happy holidays) to you and yours, and ofcorse to every one on here that made me feel welcome.:thumb::D After being on a different forum for years that i never really felt welcome at, except by a small few it was great finding this site that i feel comfortable with.
Steve

Don and Steve, I will just say, "ditto" on what you typed. I have never felt as an outsider or outcast regardless the outrageous idea I put out for comments!

Tony, miss seeing your posts, glad you lurk, hope the new year brings you many completed wood projects!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and any of the other reasons for this season that I may have missed, hope you enjoy it for all of the right reasons.:thumb:

oh, HAPPY NEW YEAR also :)

Happy, happy to everybody and a great big thanks to all who contribute of their time and experiences here. As for all you lookie-loos . . . . . . oh, alright; happy, happy to you folks too :santa:. I have really enjoyed being part of this forum. My time spent here as moderator, contributor and just plain old observer is always a positive part of my day. From all the great comments we get around here I would say that is true for many, many others as well. Enjoy!

Having been the beneficiary of the open kindness, caring, and 'family' feeling of this group I can only echo, and emphasize, what Don has already said. A finer bunch of sawdust adicts cannot be found anywhere on the globe. Blessings to all of you this Christmas!

It doesn't seem possible that it has been three years.

Like Tony mentioned, I don't post much here but I do check in almost everyday.

What I really like about it is the positive, upbeat attituded displayed here. Truly, a fine group of folks, and a wealth of great info.

So many boards seem to beat a topic to death. Here, you get the right answer usually within the first few posts and it's not beaten to death. And I feel Like I get to know folks more than other places. To tell the truth, this is the only woodworking forum I even participate in anymore.

You guys are the best!

Happy holidays to everyone. The one thing I like about this forum is that no matter how many times a newbie asks the same question, people here take the time to answer them without making them feel inadequate. I've seen other forums tell them to use the search function before they ask but haven't seen it happen here yet. Thats what I call a family. Always willing to help no questions asked.

I have to say, it's a really nice forum. Especially in comparison to the discussion forums I participate in on the subjects of electronics or computers.

Happy holidays to everyone. The one thing I like about this forum is that no matter how many times a newbie asks the same question, people here take the time to answer them without making them feel inadequate. I've seen other forums tell them to use the search function before they ask but haven't seen it happen here yet. Thats what I call a family. Always willing to help no questions asked.

Hmm, well that's why I don't say much. Afraid of getting slapped for asking like in other boards.

Anyway Merry Christmas.

Always happy to be a part of the family, best wishes to all for a woodworking filled new year.

BillyBob1.jpg

I don't post often, but this is a great place for fellowship and encouragement. I stop in almost every day and I have learned a lot from all of you. Hats off to the admin, mods and everyone. Thanks.