Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never again

Never again

20 at once was entirely too many.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Thats a bunch of boards.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

don't let the wife see those, especially this time of year. they'll be out the door as gifts so fast it won't be funny...
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Holy cow!! Do you have that many clamps to do them all at once??? The 1 I did used 14 clamps at once. Nice work!!

Randy

Oh My, you are the Loard of the Board....

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I only see 19 so I assume Mrs. Steve has already wrapped a gift for someone!
    I also am interested in the clamping procedure(s) for that volume to be completed near the same time.
    I envision something like a sheet of plywood top and bottom and boards on four sides then cutting the boards apart.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

I sure hope you have a drum sander or something similar. Lp That's a ton of work, but the boards look great.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Never again

Awww, Why not?

Jonathan, there's 20 in the pic. There are 5 in the farthest back group.

Very nice Steve, even for a guy with a bad thumb,

Aloha, Tony

Mele Kalikimaka
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

Fighting for all I am worth, and praying every day.

Yep 20 total in pic. 7 clamps total, during each glue up. I would do 6 per day. Nothing like a 18" board with a 60" clamp on it. Guys got to do, what ever it takes. Think i will get a little earlier start next year.

Just for $ sake. I have right at $10 worth of lumber in each. $5 of maple and $5 of cherry. When I picked up the lumber the guy asked "how many board feet" I said $100 bucks worth of both. Should have seen his face. Never had anybody buy lumber by the dollar amount.

They look good Steve , someone will like getting these . In the past I brought mine just by the board not the board foot . I going to have to start looking for some WALNUT 4X4's OR 6X6's where I can start milling it down to Ornament material . Merry Christmas buddy ..........
    Usually Busier than a Cat In A sand Box : Arkansas Red Wolf & Razorbacks Fan