Behlen finish's

hello folks

does anyone use or have any experience with Behlen finish's? impaticular the salad bowl finish and the water based hydro gold lacquer

thanks

Never used either of those, George, but I have used several of their other products - Pore-o-Pac filler, Rock Hard varnish, Violin finish (a lacquer), and several of their stains, dyes, and aerosol toners. All have been excellent products.

I use General Finish Salad Bowl Finish - according to the Woodwhisper they're about the same, although he prefers the General brand.
I cut it with 50% mineral spirits sometimes a little less, again I got this info from the Woodwhisper. anyway I use it on almost everything I do. It's only a wiping varnish.

Jiggs Elphison

I believe Behlin is Mohawk's retail brand. My experience with the salad bowl finish was good. Haven't used the lacquer but heard good things about it.
DP

I have used the salad bowl finish but didn't care for it. I used it on our first salad bowls and after 1 1/2 years it started getting sticky. Sanded it all off and finished with Antique Oil. Ernie Conover told me he uses AO on all his utility stuff and has worked well for him. I have also used General Finishes Seal-A-Cell first followed by Arm-R-Seal.