Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Christmas eve day so any big plans 4 the long weekend

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

It's Christmas eve day so any big plans 4 the long weekend

We'll open presents this evening, church in the morning, LOML will fix a ham for Christmas dinner. I'll probubly spend some time cleaning up the shop and getting started on the commision in earnest this weekend.

So whatcha got cooking for the Cristmas weekend.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

after digging out from the 2 inches of snow we got, heading over to our dad's for dinner and presents, then off to church tomorrow morning, then just vegging out.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Merry Christmas All!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Our holiday present to each other was to spend a couple days in downtown Seattle browsing the shops and soaking up the holiday spirit unique to a major city core.

We traveled yesterday afternoon and checked into the Vintage Park Hotel, our favorite boutique hotel in Seattle which has a wonderful restaurant, Tulio's.

Last night we hit some of the major department stores and checked out the Pike Place Market. The market was closed, but it was interesting to walk through it while the few merchants there cleaned up their booths. What a change it will be when we go back today, when it will be wall to wall people.

Our plans are to spend another night here and then wake on Christmas day with a nice breakfast before heading north to-wards home, but stopping to visit family first.

So I am off this morning, first to the market and then to hit the used bookstores.

Some pictures of last night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img267_small.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	40573

Name:	img268_small.jpg 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	40574

Name:	img271_small.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	40575

Name:	img272_small.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	40576

Name:	img273_small.jpg 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	40577

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post

Merry Christmas All!

For me, finish my last gift, enjoy the season with family then CLEAN MY SHOP it is an absolute disaster. Then FINALLY back to the kitchen cabinets

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post

For me, finish my last gift, enjoy the season with family then CLEAN MY SHOP it is an absolute disaster. Then FINALLY back to the kitchen cabinets

Lou Ann, did ya hear that.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Very busy with extra services at church, then dinner at my son's. In between getting some clean up done in the shop and installing new miter saw (no pics yet). Got to get ready for several backlogged projects that I want to get moving on right after Christmas.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

My oldest is flying in, they canceled his first flight and now he's supposed to get in tonight. Going to start on my table saw outfeed table and work a little on some organizational stuff so I can find stuff, I know I own a 1/4" roundover bit!!

Randy

Dinner with my parents tonght (just my family and them).

The entire day with my family tomorrow at my sisters (cousins, uncles and all ).

After all the festivities are done I want to get my pen turning stuff organized and turn some more pens and wine bottle stoppers.

Cheers

Jim

Well i like Darrens smily just dont see it as an option in ours.
    But my plans are finish installing wired home network so son can hook up the Xbox to internet for live without the wireless adapter.

Then off to some friends for Christmas eve maybe a few carols if i have anything to do with it. Scare the old squirrels away with my singing.

Tomorrow morning is when we open presents. I still have to wrap the ones i got LOML. Will do that later.

Then afternoon we off to friends for Xmas lunch and celebration. Hopefully Sat i get to work at finishing my bench and start a real project. At least i should say finish a few i have started but not completed.

That will be it for us.
    cheers