It's Christmas eve day so any big plans 4 the long weekend

Don Baer

Staff member
We'll open presents this evening, church in the morning, LOML will fix a ham for Christmas dinner. I'll probubly spend some time cleaning up the shop and getting started on the commision in earnest this weekend.

So whatcha got cooking for the Cristmas weekend.

falldown.gif

:D

Merry Christmas All!

Our holiday present to each other was to spend a couple days in downtown Seattle browsing the shops and soaking up the holiday spirit unique to a major city core.

We traveled yesterday afternoon and checked into the Vintage Park Hotel, our favorite boutique hotel in Seattle which has a wonderful restaurant, Tulio's.

Last night we hit some of the major department stores and checked out the Pike Place Market. The market was closed, but it was interesting to walk through it while the few merchants there cleaned up their booths. What a change it will be when we go back today, when it will be wall to wall people.

Our plans are to spend another night here and then wake on Christmas day with a nice breakfast before heading north to-wards home, but stopping to visit family first.

So I am off this morning, first to the market and then to hit the used bookstores.

Some pictures of last night.

img267_small.jpg

img268_small.jpg

img271_small.jpg

img272_small.jpg

img273_small.jpg

Very busy with extra services at church, then dinner at my son's. In between getting some clean up done in the shop and installing new miter saw (no pics yet). Got to get ready for several backlogged projects that I want to get moving on right after Christmas.

My oldest is flying in, they canceled his first flight and now he's supposed to get in tonight. Going to start on my table saw outfeed table and work a little on some organizational stuff so I can find stuff, I know I own a 1/4" roundover bit!!

Randy

Dinner with my parents tonght (just my family and them).

The entire day with my family tomorrow at my sisters (cousins, uncles and all ).

After all the festivities are done I want to get my pen turning stuff organized and turn some more pens and wine bottle stoppers.

Cheers

Jim

Well i like Darrens smily just dont see it as an option in ours.:D
But my plans are finish installing wired home network so son can hook up the Xbox to internet for live without the wireless adapter.

Then off to some friends for Christmas eve maybe a few carols if i have anything to do with it. Scare the old squirrels away with my singing.:rofl:

Tomorrow morning is when we open presents. I still have to wrap the ones i got LOML. Will do that later.

Then afternoon we off to friends for Xmas lunch and celebration. Hopefully Sat i get to work at finishing my bench and start a real project.:D At least i should say finish a few i have started but not completed.

That will be it for us.:thumb:

This morning I braved the frigid SoCal winter by applying the topcoat to a project while wearing sandles . . . hey, I was wearing LONG pants. Now, although all common sense would dictate otherwise, I shall venture out into the smog-laden soup we call "air" out here (a blustery 68 degrees today, brrrr) to some shopping areas. I have a wild hair to find the loudest, reddest, Hawaiian shirt I can find, to wear tomorrow.

Christmas morning at LOML's mom's house, Christmas evening at LOML's brother's house. Saturday . . . recovery. . . . Sunday at my parent's house with all my friends and family, Sunday evening; sleep till Monday afternoon.

Late breaking addition to the list . . .

Apparently I will be purchasing and installing a replacement set of attic stairs, as the "wounded" stairs from several weeks ago just broke while being opened. No major drama, the metal arm just bent and ripped out of the pivot point.

The good news is that I'm vacation till 1/4/2010, so I think I can fit it in.

Cheers

Jim

Lou Ann, did ya hear that.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I was reading and scrolling and happened across Tom's post :eek::huh::dunno: wasn't he the one that was going to be done by Thanksgiving????:dunno::dunno: So was thinking, wait until I contact Tom and then tell Lou Ann, when I read Don's post! :D:D:p:p:rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb:
I think I have a chance at getting her kitchen completed by this time next year! :thumb: Yep, that is going to be one of next year's presents!!

Well, Fina is frantically wrapping presents, Lou is still at work, Tess is at work until midnight tonight. Eric is sleeping on the couch so both girls, CJ (grandson) and Eric (Tess' fiancee) will be here in the morning. CJ and Fina leave around 10:30 AM, Fina for work and CJ to other grandparent's home. Tess and Eric are going to his dad's house around noon. Empty nest syndrome for Lou tomorrow (I can nap with a houseful or house empty!:rofl:). So every other day we top off all troughs, check minerals, fill hay bunks, so I have scheduled it so that Lou can help me do that tomorrow afternoon so her day will be full and she won't sit feeling lonely. My parent's stay in Florida, weather sounds bad enough, sister in IL we exchange gifts with, it will happen next weekend. To much chance for bad driving, not worth a free gift in my mind.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas to all!!!

Busy night tonight. Finish wrapping presents and baking stuff with my wife. This is the first year (in 35) years) that there are no kids on Christmas eve or Christmas morning. All married with family or in the case of my newest married daughter, in Florida visiting in-laws. The kids are starting there own Christmas traditions.
There id hope though. Most of the kids and grandkids will be here for Christmas dinner.

Kind of tough getting into the spirit this year with the job situation and all.

Saturday I'll clean up the shop as well and get started on the high chair. Then it's 2 hope chests for the twins who just turned 2 a month or 2 ago.

Merry Christmas to all !!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I was reading and scrolling and happened across Tom's post :eek::huh::dunno: wasn't he the one that was going to be done by Thanksgiving????:dunno::dunno: So was thinking, wait until I contact Tom and then tell Lou Ann, when I read Don's post! :D:D:p:p:rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb:
I think I have a chance at getting her kitchen completed by this time next year! :thumb: Yep, that is going to be one of next year's presents!!

OK you two:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl: I said I had hopes on that date:p Yep it should have happened but it didn't. Just too much stuff at one time for this old guy:eek: it will get done.............some day:rofl::rofl::rofl: and as for you Jonathan, yours by next year:huh: we will have to see on that, I think it took some one a year to install a dishwasher if my memory surves me correct:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We're enjoying a nice fire in the fire place. Chili cooking for supper. It's been snowing all day. Small flakes and a lot of wind, so a lot is evaporating instead of sticking. But there is about an inch and a half on the ground.
Supposed to head to Lake Texhoma to my parents house tomorrow morning. May be mid day with the Christmas meal tomorrow night instead of lunch time. I'm guessing the overpasses will be pretty slick, and there is a one mile long bridge over the lake that is fairly narrow to get to their house. We'll be traveling in my 3/4 ton van with 5 dogs. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::doh:
Back late afternoon Sat, and hopefully finish the design work on the mobile base for the saw. I'm not finding the casters I wanted under 25.00 each! Other than that, I'm going to rest up to be ready to wrestle the beast on Wed. :thumb: Jim.

We're going to be alone for the holiday... no kids are coming, so we'll do our Christmas tradition tomorrow... out to dinner at the Chinese place and then to a movie.

Saturday, we're having breakfast with some friends, then just kicking back the rest of the weekend.

My big lathe is froze up right now... I changed the belt yesterday and mounted a big bowl blank on it... the vibration evidently worked a set screw loose (I probably didn't have it as tight as I thought) or else the "c" ring clamp that holds the right had part of the Reeves in place slipped and the pull is jammed against the housing... initial look is I may loose the new belt trying to get it loose.. may work on that Sunday.. but there may be football... if so, I'll wait until Monday on the lathe.

work, work, and more work, but I am sneaking into the garage to build my niece a small cherry end table she asked me for.(weird measurents, but give the client what they want) I worked on it last night till my fingers went numb in the cold garage(20 something degrees), and went out there for a few minutes tonight, but didnt want to disturb any of my neighbors with the sound of tools buzzing while they enjoyed the holidays.
ONe of my neighbors happenned to pass my driveway before, saw me in the garage unclamping something, and yelled over to me, "youre the biggest elf Ive ever seen, Santa got you working overtime?"

We're going to be alone for the holiday... no kids are coming, so we'll do our Christmas tradition tomorrow... out to dinner at the Chinese place and then to a movie.

Saturday, we're having breakfast with some friends, then just kicking back the rest of the weekend.

My big lathe is froze up right now... I changed the belt yesterday and mounted a big bowl blank on it... the vibration evidently worked a set screw loose (I probably didn't have it as tight as I thought) or else the "c" ring clamp that holds the right had part of the Reeves in place slipped and the pull is jammed against the housing... initial look is I may loose the new belt trying to get it loose.. may work on that Sunday.. but there may be football... if so, I'll wait until Monday on the lathe.

work on the lathe, denver and baltimore arent giving up that wildcard spot too fast.(says the disgusted NY fan.)

I love sitting on stand when it is quite out and nothing else to do. My Christmas eve :

Well after hearing from the land owner that this nice 10 was chasing doe's all last week he told me to get him. I have been sitting on stand all week and tonight about last light I was ready to get down and I have 4 smaller bucks under me. One a 16" 8 a 6 and a 4 and a spike. There heads poped up and I look down the creek and here he come running in. He only gave me a front on shot so I put it in the bread basket but hitting a rib the arrow exited the gut Smelly ! So I called the wife needed to head to church for the evening Christmas service and after words Jake and I headed out to fine the guy. Tracking was easy in the snow. I was surprised that he was not in the creek but instead he chose to take a bed on a high point which to observe for invaders. But he was not very successful as you can see a fox had beat me to him. Drag was a little cumbersome to say the least. 200 yards up 2 hills through snow drifts of 3 ' across the creek but Jake was a trooper. Full of Piss and vinegar he did his ol man proud. Youth these days. LOL
CIMG0042.jpg

CIMG0060.jpg

CIMG0064.jpg