It's Christmas eve day so any big plans 4 the long weekend

That's a nice one Dave!!

I'm headed to the airport to pickup my oldest. Oklahoma got hit pretty hard yesterday with snow, he was at the airport for 6 hours yesterday before they finally canceled his flight. He has been there for close to 5 hours today! Looks like he will be in the air soon. Back home for XMas dinner. Its will be good to have the whole family here.

Randy

this is what I did xmas eve and today. I had some time the other night so I planed down and recut the wood I used by mistake for my stair post.Glued it up tuesday night I believe. weds night tried to work on it, it was impossible with the cold temps.
I believe its cherry, as silly as it sounds, Ive never worked with cherry so Im not 100% sure. It was mixed in with my mahogany/sapele/sp cedar piles, but I believe my wood guy threw in whatever cherry he had at the same price, only I had no clue at the time.
It was a quickie build, no time for mortise and tenons. Just gotta sand it up and rub some finish on it, and its out of here. Santa doesnt offer double time so I decided why rush or hurry to sand it down today.(I made it to the exact measurements I was given)I used my new ogee bit for the top.tapered legs on 2 sides.
It was either this or put more joint compound on the walls.

Attachments

• wood stuff 1566 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1566 (Medium).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 14
  • wood stuff 1567 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1567 (Medium).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: