christmas came early

Alan Bienlein

Well here is what I got for christmas and none to soon.
12-24-09 006 (800 x 600).jpg

12-24-09 007 (800 x 600).jpg

Now I need to get busy on a new extention wing for my saw so I can run the bead on all of the stiles and rails I've been working on today.

Well I spent this morning making a new extention for my saw to accept the lift. I had some 1" x 1" aluminum angle laying around to mount it to the saw with and the mdf I had left over from another project. I installed the angle about an 1/8" lower to allow for some adjustment and to let me put a piece of laminate on both sides.
12-27-09 004 (800 x 600).jpg12-27-09 005 (800 x 600).jpg12-27-09 006 (800 x 600).jpg
Talk about smooth. Adjusting the beading bit is a snap now. :thumb:

I like the lift & it looks like it works great.

I prefer to have the router set in a wing where you or I would be standing along side allowing what I consider to be a position to have better control much like a shaper or jointer. I have a router table in the left wing of my Unisaw & had it in the same wing of my Craftsman contractors saw. As well as a stand alone one with a Rockler top that I got for $20.

You're gonna love having that. With the right router you can work well without a lift but they do make things much nicer if you can get one. I have the original PRL and would be hard pressed to give it up. It has been a pleasure to work with. I'm with Bart on the operator position. I do find it awkward to reach over the table to guide things past the bit and prefer to face the fence. Less fatigue during long runs.

I guess I wierd cause it feels more natural the way its set up now. I just did the beaded edge on all the stock for the face frames for my kitchen and had no fatique whatsoever. As a matter of fact with the way I have my dust collection hooked up to the fence it acts as if I'm using feather boards to hold the stock in place the suction is so strong. I stand the same way when I use to do alot of work on a shaper for raised pnl doors.

Well Alan if your avatar is a picture of you. It looks like you may be 6' or better with long arms. If that is so then I can understand how you may feel comfortable running a router table like you do.

Just as long as your not swinging through the trees with the greatest of ease.:eek::):wave:

Well Alan if your avatar is a picture of you. It looks like you may be 6' or better with long arms. If that is so then I can understand how you may feel comfortable running a router table like you do.

Just as long as your not swinging through the trees with the greatest of ease.:eek::):wave:

Yes thats apicture of me loml took while I was turning some columns. I'm 6' 3" and the lathe is even to low for me. As far as swinging from the trees with the greatest of ease, lets just say in that pic I'm big enough that I'll still plow the ground!:rofl::rofl: