Thread: Another Dust Deputy Install

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!

Another Dust Deputy Install

No real fan fare here. No good installation tricks for those of you who drag your vacs around. I have a couple vacs (down from 3); the main vac is centered on a long wall. When I bought the vac I bought a 25' large diameter hose and smaller whips to feed tools or provide extra reach as required.

At any rate the install was kinda boring as I had a 5gal. seperator in position so I really just swapped buckets. If the hose supplied had been twice as long I could have done this a little cleaner. I need some 2-1/2" hose for my other vac area so I'll watch for a sale and then tidy this up at the same time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dust-Deputy-001.jpg   Dust-Deputy-002.jpg  
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 12-27-2009 at 01:04 AM.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Your gonna wonder how you ever got along without one. I know I sure do. After I made my cyclone seperator for mine I found myself still checking the filter and am just now getting out of the habit of doing that.

Butte Montana which is 1/2 way between Purgatory and Heaven

Nuther Dust Deputy Install

Just a coincidence, but right after i read this post I received the the latest issue of ShopNotes ( Vol 19 issue 109 ). The back cover shows a picture of the Dust Deputy on a portable cart. Page 36 shows the design and plans for same.

I recently purchased one. I have a disk/belt sander, and a oscillating spindle sander with separate blast gates hooked up to it and I love it. Has really convinced me if I were able to setup a central dust collection system it would be a cyclone.

Jiggs Elphison

Amherst, New Hampshire
    One of the best things I've purchased for my shop lately.
    I especially like it for sanding. I attach my PC RO sander to it and get almost "0" dust.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Northern Virginia
    Glenn, Thanks for the pics. I just bought a DD and need to get out there and set it up. From all that I have read it will be money well spent.