I've Been Gone Awhile

Don Bergren

:wave: I'm an old member who got lost for awhile. Okay, not really lost. It was more of a time out from woodworking and all that accompanies it. I had to stop working with wood, and have also stayed away from woodworking forums in order to keep my mind off woodworking.

The reason I've been among the missing has been due to a shoulder problem that needed a long rest from woodworking in order to heal. It's now a year later and I have a pain free shoulder that is back to my old strength level. Life is good and I am anxious to start playing with wood once again.

So in a sense I am new to the forum because my last visit was as follows:

Welcome, Don Bergren.
You last visited: 12-15-2008 at 05:52 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 5.

But that is old news now, and I will once again be reading this forum and posting on occasion. I have missed this place and the fine people who are members, and look forward to catching up with the old posts and reading the new ones. I am glad to be among you all once again.

I've wondered one thing over these long months. Did Ned ever finish his shop? :D

Welcome back, Don. Good to hear the shoulder has healed. I've had some problems with that myself - Shoulder Impingement Syndrome in my case. Took therapy and direct injection cortisone shots to help mine. Hope yours has healed as well as mine...

And, to answer your question about Ned's shop - NO! Not really. :rofl::rofl:

welcome back don, and no ned hasnt finished the first one but is looking into the second one at another residence now so you can give him a hand on that if yu like:)

Thanks to all of you for the welcome back. It's good to be back on the local turf once again.

Darren, I'm not sure what the first project will be. I think it's going to be a roll around cabinet for my shop area with drawers for storage. And my grand plan is to attach a boom for my vac to the cabinet so I can use it with my EZ Smart, sanding, routing, etc. I just have to design the boom arm first.

I currently have a homemade boom attached to my roll around tool cart. It works great, but I'd rather have the ability to roll the tool cart into the house, on the deck, etc when needed. The boom prevents it from moving through the house, so I need a new setup to free up my tool cart.

I also need to make a new miter saw cabinet that rolls around and has fold down stock supports. A storage cabinet for my mom to put in the garage that has adjustable shelves and doors to keep dust and dirt out. I'm also thinking about building a coffee table for my mom by using her old maple kitchen table in an effort to recycle and create new.

Of course it's winter here in Maine, so that will slow things up a bit.

Don, It sounds like an interesting project. Please post some pics of the old and new when you get time. I've been considering an EZ Smart myself, with the limited amount of workspace I currently have it would come in handy.

Thanks