Thread: 300 Weatherby

300 Weatherby

Magnum with Bush Camo and Deer Head Clip.
    Cleaned brass and copper with Brasso, polished with FLITZ Polishing compound, cleaned with Lacquer thinner and applied 4 coats of lacquer using the "Dipping" method.
    As always comments and or suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks for looking.

Les

Innovation is the process that renews something that already exists and not, as is commonly assumed, the introduction of something new.

Very fine. I had to look a couple times at the first pic. The lighting played tricks with it. Brass looks transparent.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

WOW!!! That is one sweeeeeeet looking pen!!! Haven't seen that clip before, can I ask where you got it? That camo looks good, I have used it on a couple of rifle pens and like the way it sets them off!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

That is so cool!!
    Are they difficult to make? I have a few RPK rounds that he gave me. I'd like to make one for my son before his next deployment.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Bob,

My new manager came to work for the large corporation who employees me. A Westpoint graduate, one year later he got recalled. I turned two pens based on a recommendation of a Navy Seal. I used some desert camo looking solid surface counter material I got from a local cabinet shop. I turned two straight-lined simple slimline pens. It is the only size that will fit into the shoulder pen pockets on the coveralls they wear. Those two pens were deployed into the Middle East for 14 months. He said he left them in camp when out on missions.

I used black titanium hardware so it wouldn't have a gleam and provide a target.

Something to consider.
    Ken
    ------

some of you guys have such mad talent, I hope everyone on this site looks over at all these incredible pieces of art you guys turn out in this section.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    WOW!!! That is one sweeeeeeet looking pen!!! Haven't seen that clip before, can I ask where you got it? That camo looks good, I have used it on a couple of rifle pens and like the way it sets them off!
    Thanks Jonathan,

I get most of my pen supplies here:
    http://www.penblanks.ca/product.php?...cat=111&page=1

I am sure some of the US suppliers have them as well.

Les
    Innovation is the process that renews something that already exists and not, as is commonly assumed, the introduction of something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    That is so cool!!
    Are they difficult to make? I have a few RPK rounds that he gave me. I'd like to make one for my son before his next deployment.
    Here you go Bob:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...20Tutorial.pdf

Les

Thanks Les. I dont have a chuck for my lathe yet so I need to put that on my short list of gotta have tools

They look fun to make, but a bit complicated. My shop will look like a firing range with all the spent brass from screw ups
    Faith, Hope & Charity