300 Weatherby

Les Elm

Magnum with Bush Camo and Deer Head Clip.
Cleaned brass and copper with Brasso, polished with FLITZ Polishing compound, cleaned with Lacquer thinner and applied 4 coats of lacquer using the "Dipping" method.
As always comments and or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks for looking.

Les

weatherby300magcamodeer.jpg

300weatherbymagcamodeer.jpg

WOW:eek::eek:!!! That is one sweeeeeeet looking pen!!! :thumb::thumb: Haven't seen that clip before, can I ask where you got it? That camo looks good, I have used it on a couple of rifle pens and like the way it sets them off!

Bob,

My new manager came to work for the large corporation who employees me. A Westpoint graduate, one year later he got recalled. I turned two pens based on a recommendation of a Navy Seal. I used some desert camo looking solid surface counter material I got from a local cabinet shop. I turned two straight-lined simple slimline pens. It is the only size that will fit into the shoulder pen pockets on the coveralls they wear. Those two pens were deployed into the Middle East for 14 months. He said he left them in camp when out on missions.

I used black titanium hardware so it wouldn't have a gleam and provide a target.

Something to consider.

Thanks Les. I dont have a chuck for my lathe yet so I need to put that on my short list of gotta have tools :D

They look fun to make, but a bit complicated. My shop will look like a firing range with all the spent brass from screw ups:rofl: