Products that live up to expectations

For me, it's the SOG Multitool. Growing up, I lived with my Grandparents and my Grandfather carried a knife, pliers and a multitude of hand tools in his pockets of his bibs. He always said that he wished they made a tool that had everything in one. I carry it everyday and use it everyday, each time I use it, I think of my Grandpa. :)

Since Bridge City has discontinued them, I Googled 'saddle square' and didn't come up with anything similar to what I have. Veritas has one but it is not hinged. It looks like it is restricted to 90 degrees. Mine is hinged so it can wrap any angle. A nice tight brass hinge would work well as a substitute.

Carol,

These show up under their website in the discontinued tool section. Is it one of them?

Bridge City Saddle Square Large - Link

BC_Saddle_Large.jpg

Bridge City Saddle Square Small - Link

BC_Saddle_Small.jpg

Randy

while she is away randy we can slide down thee and grab hers she wont miss it right away:) doesnt seem fair that they make it long enough for her to get one than stop production of them:D

I'd have to say hands down it's my leatherman Wave Tool. I carry it on me all the time, except when I have to travel by plane. And then I constantly feel like something is missing.

I can easily open either blade or the pliers one handed.

I remember one time in downtown San Francisco, my card got 'stuck' in the ATM just a little bit shy of coming out. I grabbed the ole Leatherman out of my pocket, whipped open the pliers one handed and gently clamped onto my card and pulled it out of the machine.

I turned around and the line of people at the ATM had some very odd and concerned looks on their faces. I don't miss having to commute to downtown San Fran anymore...:D

I don't carry it on my belt any more, but I used to carry it all the time, and my Leatherman (and later the Victorinox multi-tool) saved my hide more than once. I got a Leatherman for Christmas back in the '80s when they first came out. I broke the tip off the pliers doing something I shouldn't have, sent it back, and they replaced the pliers and all the other blades.

The first time I rode in a hot air balloon, at one point a few thousand feet off the ground, the pilot was trying to get a check valve on a propane hose unstuck. He was unsuccessfully using his keyring to try to loosen things up...I handed him my Leatherman and he fixed it immediately. By the next weekend, the pilot was carrying his own on his belt, and he swore he'd never fly without one again. (I worked on his crew, and he kept his word.)

Last week I was going through security at the Burbank airport, and I forgot that I still had my Victorinox multi-tool in my small carry-on bag from my last road trip. I figured for sure I'd lose it, since I didn't have time to take it back to my car, but the TSA gal was very nice and she showed me where the self-serve mail kiosk was, right around the corner from the security station. :thumb: I should have it back any day now.

I made fun of my son for carry his leatherman for over 10 years, since he was like 15, then a couple of years ago he bought me a wave for my birthday.
I cannot believe its like an american express card to me, I never go away without it.
Ive used it hundreds of times for the oddest things, it is a very handy little tool.