Bandsaw phase 2

Well I ordered me a bandsaw today. Was going to get the Grizzly 0580 like Dan, but the 0555 Ultimate was on sale and only $30 more. Figured for an extra $30 I get an dual speed and 1/4 more HP. Don't know if I need the extra's but why not for the price. Now the wait begins.

Last edited:
You will be very happy with the G0555, it is a very popular bandsaw for many reasons. You will quickly learn that a 1 hp motor on a saw that size is not excessive. e.g. cutting 5" or 6" thick hard-hardwoods must be done slowly. It is a good saw but not a monster.

Chuck, I put your address, but if you are not home they are to deliver here. Hope your home:wave:

Actually it is going to the father-in-laws. Going to unload with the tractor. Probably need to tell him here in a day or so. :doh:

I've had the G0555 for about 2 years and love it :thumb: Also put the riser kit in and have resawed 10" wide oak with no problems. The stock fence is a good set up and really handy. Enjoy your new toy:D

Good luck with your new saw - I'm thinking I need a bigger bandsaw if I'm going to be cutting out bigger turning blanks. That's the model I'm focusing on, but I might get lucky and stumble on a CL find.

I'm still gathering the $$$ for the purchase. . .

Jim

I've had the G0555 for about 2 years and love it :thumb: Also put the riser kit in and have resawed 10" wide oak with no problems. The stock fence is a good set up and really handy. Enjoy your new toy:D

I have a riser kit that has been in the box for about a year. I have a bunch of new blades for saw without riser and am hesitant (translate that as "cheap) to buy all new ones for use with riser. Oh, well.

Yeah Frank that was my reason for switching shortly after buying my saw. I figured if i let it go and switched later then i would be reluctant cause of the blade investment. :D

Steve I did a search using your numbers, that is a nice saw! I am sure you are going to get many good years of service from it. From the others on here, it is a saw that will work well for you.

OK it showed up today.

IMG_3911.jpg

So far so good, box was 100%, no damage. Waited on the truck for 3 hours was about the worst part.

I think you gonna like that saw Seve. If i may suggest give careful consideration to a riser block before you get too many $$ invested in blades.

All the best with the new saw Steve. Always exciting to share in a new arrival.:thumb: