Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop Safety Addition

Shop Safety Addition

Since I was injured about a year ago in the shop, my wife and I have talked about how we could put in a camera so she could easily check on me. I finally broke down and bought a Linksys wireless webcam that looks like it will fit the bill. I've got it set up so she can pull up a browser and check on me in a few seconds. Right now it is "intranet" only, but with some setup I plan to expose it to the web, with some security so that I'm not on display for all to see.

In-house brush hog?
    Wars the WW tools?
    If my shop was ever that clean, I'd hide in embarrasment.
    Since we went empty nest, there definately are times I don't need to be walking in front of cameras.

Hey one of the reasons I hang out in the shop is to hide out anyway. I ain't gonna let no camera mess that up
    I once heard that cats and women will do darn well what they please and that men and dogs would do well to accept it and just go on.

Looks like your days of wearing pants that expose plumbers cleavage are numbered.
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    In-house brush hog?
    Wars the WW tools?
    If my shop was ever that clean, I'd hide in embarrasment.
    Since we went empty nest, there definately are times I don't need to be walking in front of cameras.
    That's my latest project--getting the brush hog adapted to my John Deere i-Match and now getting it cleaned up and repainted. Since I've finished the fabrication, I took the time to clean up the shop to get ready for painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    In-house brush hog?
    Wars the WW tools?
    I recall Matt scaling back his shop a few months ago. He had a thread about it on the creek. Sold off a lot of his ww tools. In fact, I bought his veritas shoulder plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Bodenschatz View Post
    I recall Matt scaling back his shop a few months ago. He had a thread about it on the creek. Sold off a lot of his ww tools. In fact, I bought his veritas shoulder plane.
    Yes, Rob's right. If you look in the picture, you can see my welder and plasma cutter that I got after selling off some of my WW equipment. Not to fear though, as soon as the brush hog is done, I'll be doing a WW project or two.
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 01-21-2007 at 11:43 PM.

Hey Matt

This looks like something I could use in reverse of your situation, I could be in the shop and keep an eye on the little one while he is taking a nap in his crib

gotta a model number or link ?

Kevin
    my goal in life is to be as good a person as my kids think i am

life is short, even in it's longest days

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Kevin,
    We have one of these Attachment 3722 that I use in the shop when the grand daughter is down for here nap and I have babysitting duties. It has sound capbilites and will work in a dark room.I think LOML got it at Target.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    Hey Matt

This looks like something I could use in reverse of your situation, I could be in the shop and keep an eye on the little one while he is taking a nap in his crib

gotta a model number or link ?

Kevin
    This one is by Linksys and is model WVC64GC. Don's right though, the one he showed would be a better bet if the signal will reach your shop. For me, I have to use external antennas to get the wireless signal between the shop and house. We tried a 900MHz video camera and it didn't work.