Shop Safety Addition

Matt Meiser

Since I was injured about a year ago in the shop, my wife and I have talked about how we could put in a camera so she could easily check on me. I finally broke down and bought a Linksys wireless webcam that looks like it will fit the bill. I've got it set up so she can pull up a browser and check on me in a few seconds. Right now it is "intranet" only, but with some setup I plan to expose it to the web, with some security so that I'm not on display for all to see. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7926.jpg
    IMG_7926.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 59
In-house brush hog?
Wars the WW tools?
If my shop was ever that clean, I'd hide in embarrasment. ;)
Since we went empty nest, there definately are times I don't need to be walking in front of cameras. :eek:

In-house brush hog?
Wars the WW tools?
If my shop was ever that clean, I'd hide in embarrasment. ;)
Since we went empty nest, there definately are times I don't need to be walking in front of cameras. :eek:

That's my latest project--getting the brush hog adapted to my John Deere i-Match and now getting it cleaned up and repainted. Since I've finished the fabrication, I took the time to clean up the shop to get ready for painting. :D

I recall Matt scaling back his shop a few months ago. He had a thread about it on the creek. Sold off a lot of his ww tools. In fact, I bought his veritas shoulder plane.

Yes, Rob's right. If you look in the picture, you can see my welder and plasma cutter that I got after selling off some of my WW equipment. Not to fear though, as soon as the brush hog is done, I'll be doing a WW project or two.

Last edited:
Hey Matt

This looks like something I could use in reverse of your situation, I could be in the shop and keep an eye on the little one while he is taking a nap in his crib:thumb:

gotta a model number or link ?

Kevin

Hey Matt

This looks like something I could use in reverse of your situation, I could be in the shop and keep an eye on the little one while he is taking a nap in his crib:thumb:

gotta a model number or link ?

Kevin

This one is by Linksys and is model WVC64GC. Don's right though, the one he showed would be a better bet if the signal will reach your shop. For me, I have to use external antennas to get the wireless signal between the shop and house. We tried a 900MHz video camera and it didn't work.

We accually borrowed one like Don has and it wouldn't work in the shop.

I was hoping the one Matt has might work, because I think we are about the same distance away as his shop and house, I wouldn't have thought of the external antenna though

Thanks everyone I'll have to see what I can come up with