Mag merger

And guess who's loosing, those of us who do not want to see ads on magazines and thought we found one.

I'm tired of paying a lot for magazines that more than 50% of their pages are plain ads, another 25% are ads disguised of tool/machine reviews and the rest are articles artificially stretched to last two or more issues.

Guess which I'm talking about? You nailed it, F&C

And guess who's loosing, those of us who do not want to see ads on magazines and thought we found one.

I'm tired of paying a lot for magazines that more than 50% of their pages are plain ads, another 25% are ads disguised of tool/machine reviews and the rest are articles artificially stretched to last two or more issues.

Guess which I'm talking about? You nailed it, F&C

I don't know who F&C is, but for the very reasons you have mentioned, I have stopped almost all of my magazine subscriptions.. both woodworking and others... my wife gave me a subscription to Men's Health.. if they aren't advertising something about sex, it's a muscle supplement or diet supplement... you MIGHT find a pertinent article on one or two pages... it will NOT be renewed.

Favorite two magazines Woodturning design and Woodworkers Journal, Turning... I don't subscribe, but buy them individually if there's an article I might want to read.

The reality is ads pay the bills.
And advertisers will not buy ads in magazines that do not treat their products favorably.
I once hoped to break out of writing articles for small market hunting and shooting magazines and submitted an assigned product review on a new gun to a major mag. The gun was junk. In polite terms I pointed out it's many defects. The review was returned with a surprisingly candid rejection. The editor flatly told me reviews had to be favorable or they would lose the advertising account. If I wished, I could rewrite accordingly. End of big time magazine writing career. I wouldn't lie. Someone else did though and is still writing today.
I have also dropped my ww magazine subscriptions.

I agree with Toni, I shouldn't have to pay to read advertisements, but understand that it's the biz. I've pretty much stopped getting magazines. I find just as good and more accurate material to read here and other forums, on blogs, and reviews of products by other users anyway.