New coffee mug needed for a bonehead.......

Mark Rios

The other day while driving over to my kitchen remodel I apparently left my good stainless steel coffee mug on my rear bumper or the top of the bed of my truck or something like that because I couldn't find it after I got to the job or when I got home. It was at least 10 years old and I don't remember the brand but it kept my coffee hot for a long time.

I have another mug, similar in that it's also stainless steel but it's definately not the same. The insulating properties are somewhat less than desirable. I got it free with a certain dollar purchase of some Big Dog clothes so it's insulating quality is suspect, to say the least.

So....may I please get a recommendation for a high quality brand of stainless steel, insulating coffee mug? I'd like it to have a secure lid and a secure closure for the sipping/drinking hole. I think I remember Thermos brand (?.....or was it Coleman) being the industry standard back about 30 years ago. Remember those bullet proof Thermos's? If I had to guess I'd guess that my lost mug was Nissan brand but I'm not really sure.

Thanks very much for your recommendations.

We recently bought a "Thermos" coffee maker, it has a Thermos brand carafe with it, and it will keep coffee "Hot" for about 5 hours, and warm for much longer, simply amazing.

Cheers!