Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK it's the first weekend of a new decade

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

OK it's the first weekend of a new decade

and it's a long one. So whacha got planned.
    I be doing the usual, in the shop and church on sun morning.
    I'llk be a good boy tonight, I'll probably be sawing logs whenn the new year arrives, I can't remember the last time I stayed up to welcome in the new year.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Shop and church, also. Getting some cleaning and a little rearranging done in the shop. Behind on starting my next project, maybe because I can't decide which one to start next.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

'Bout the same... by the time you get my age, new years night is just another night... we may stay up long enough to see the new year in since our normal bedtime is between 11:30 pm and midnight... but no party.

Tomorrow the wife will make the traditional New Year's meal... I'm a southerner and my mother always had black eyed peas on NYD...my wife is of polish descent and her family always had cabbage on NYD... she'll combine the two in some tasty dish. She's a pretty darn good cook... I kept my weight low at about 155 until I married her (I was 50) when we married... the first year I gained 35 lbs... second year another 10... it's been tough staying under 200 these past 17 years..
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Same here. I'll probably be staring at the insides of my eyelids about 9:30

Starting on the high chairs tomorrow and trying to post pics of the bed I made for my grand daughter.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Going to continue working on installing our new fireplace. Be nice to get that puppy up and running.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I'm hoping the rain will let up enough to let us see the first New Years Eve blue moon in 20 some years...if they only come along every 20 years we might not see another Wishing all here a warm, healthy and prosperous 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    I'm hoping the rain will let up enough to let us see the first New Years Eve blue moon in 20 some years...if they only come along every 20 years we might not see another Wishing all here a warm, healthy and prosperous 2010!
    Last night was fantastic out here. With the snow cover on the ground, and the air was so clear I could see for miles and miles in the moonlight. The mountains in the distances looked like paintings. Didn't even need the headlights on the garden tractor as I took out the garbage, and I could still see my goofy lab running around in the 'dark'.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    Christmas with the granddaughters tonight. Then its shop and church. Monday back to work after a week and a half of vacation.

Tonight we're going over to see some friends, have an offer to spend the night, but not planning to drink anyway.

Need to put some new u-joints in the new/old Tahoe, have a new door handle and a speaker cover to install, also bought a new stereo for it. I need to figure out some storage for the back. First vehicle I've ever owned that hasn't had a tool box...or a bed for that matter.

Will be working on the fireplace/entertainment center Sunday and having dinner with the kids as usual.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Working on a maple & walnut platform rocker for my soon-to-be one year old grand niece.

BTW, it's not a new decade yet. That's NEXT YEAR.

Think about it - was there ever a 'year zero?' The first century started with "1, A.D." so the first decade was 1~10, not 0~9.

The 21st century actually began in 2001 - in spite of all the hype about Y2K. So, this is the LAST YEAR for the FIRST DECADE of the 21st CENTURY.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!