Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Art Display Case

New Art Display Case

Well I'm about done with the present project. Only lack finishing up For me that's the hard part. I sometimes have trouble finding the time. I thought I'd show you guys one of the things I can do. I don't remember having posted a project before. Just a few intelligent remarks now and then.

This is an art display cabinet for the local high school art department. It actually will be located in the gymnasium lobby where everyone in town will get to take a look at my work. I already have quite a bit of stuff there at the school anyway. Let's home my pic posting skills are good enough.

The rest of the cabinet will be 4 raised panel doors on the bottom, mirrors in the back, glass shelving, and tempered glass sides with bypass doors.
    I once heard that cats and women will do darn well what they please and that men and dogs would do well to accept it and just go on.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Wow Jim, Thats gonna be realy nice. Be sure and post the finished pics.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

looking good jim

chris

When I see work posted of this caliber I am both envious and hopeful - I envy your skill and hope I can be as good some day.

Nicely done!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

nice work jim! please post "installed" pics too.....tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Nice cabinet there Jim. Post pics when you get the doors made and have the glass and mirror in.

Thanks for sharing...
    - Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Guys, don't be in such a hurry to see the finished product. The tempered glass should be here tomorrow, I still have to spray the finish and make the bottom doors. It will be a week or more before I get it done, depending on whether or not I get any more rp doors ordered. I'm actually hoping for a bit of a break. I've had this thing going now for at least 2 months, it got laid back when order after order of rp doors came in. When I get it done I will post some pics of the case installed in it's permanent location.
    I once heard that cats and women will do darn well what they please and that men and dogs would do well to accept it and just go on.

That's a great looking cabinet Jim. Is it made of oak?

I want to build a similar cabintet but about half the width later on this year.
    Cheers, Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow View Post
    That's a great looking cabinet Jim. Is it made of oak?

I want to build a similar cabintet but about half the width later on this year.
    Yes, Frank it's made out of solid oak and selected hardwood veneers Just like that high class furniture in the stores.

This one measures 72" across it's width, 14" deep on the top cabinet, 14 3/4" deep on the bottom. The base is 24" tall and the top is 60". Just giving you some figures to think off of.

Thanks Jim. Yes, mine (if I make it) will have about the same depth and height, and exactly half the width.
    Cheers, Frank