New Art Display Case

Jim Hager

Well I'm about done with the present project. Only lack finishing up:thumb: For me that's the hard part. I sometimes have trouble finding the time. I thought I'd show you guys one of the things I can do. I don't remember having posted a project before. Just a few intelligent remarks now and then.:rofl:

This is an art display cabinet for the local high school art department. It actually will be located in the gymnasium lobby where everyone in town will get to take a look at my work. I already have quite a bit of stuff there at the school anyway. Let's home my pic posting skills are good enough.

The rest of the cabinet will be 4 raised panel doors on the bottom, mirrors in the back, glass shelving, and tempered glass sides with bypass doors.

Attachments

• WinterSpring 07 001.jpg
    WinterSpring 07 001.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 81
  • WinterSpring 07 002.jpg
    WinterSpring 07 002.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 68
When I see work posted of this caliber I am both envious and hopeful - I envy your skill and hope I can be as good some day. :clap:

Nicely done!

Guys, don't be in such a hurry to see the finished product. The tempered glass should be here tomorrow, I still have to spray the finish and make the bottom doors. It will be a week or more before I get it done, depending on whether or not I get any more rp doors ordered. I'm actually hoping for a bit of a break. I've had this thing going now for at least 2 months, it got laid back when order after order of rp doors came in.:huh: When I get it done I will post some pics of the case installed in it's permanent location.

That's a great looking cabinet Jim. Is it made of oak?

I want to build a similar cabintet but about half the width later on this year.

Yes, Frank it's made out of solid oak and selected hardwood veneers:D Just like that high class furniture in the stores.:rofl:

This one measures 72" across it's width, 14" deep on the top cabinet, 14 3/4" deep on the bottom. The base is 24" tall and the top is 60". Just giving you some figures to think off of.

Hi Jim,
That's a real showcase you have there.:thumb: I bet it has taken a wee bit of time just getting to this stage. Exciting going from the plan to a tactile form. Post as you can, we will be anxiously awaiting. :D
Thanks,
Shaz