New Years tonight

You and yours as well.
Just spoke to my daughter in Colorado. She and some friends are gathering in an apartment in her complex. Good news, no driving.
Wife and I are doing the old folks thing, staying in and popping the bubbly at midnight.
Happy-happy, y'all. :D

Here in Ontario we have what the police call "Ride Program"...

The city police will setup maybe for a half an hour on one of the main streets. All the car going either direction will be checked for drunk or near drunk drivers. Then they will move onto another street and do it all over again somewhere else on the city. In the county the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) do main county roads and even side roads the same way under the Ride Program.

The drunk drivers (over the limit) get hustled to jail and the near the illegal limit drivers will have their drivers licence suspended for 12 hours.

SWMBO and I are doing what we have done for the last 20+ years... spending the evening watching the festivities in Times Square. Hopefully Dick Clark will feel up to putting in an appearance again this year.

I bbq'd the last steaks of the year, and we're baby sitting our granddaughter to boot... it doesn't get much better in my opinion.

Have a safe and prosperous New Year everyone.

After I get all buzzed on warm beer and cheap wine, I'm gonna go unload a few clips of 9mm skyward just to celebrate. And then go driving at high speed through the neighborhood. :rofl:

Either that, or go have me a frozen dinner and catch up on some reading. Yeah, probably that. :D But I'll be up at midnight. I always am.

I have a friend in Albuquerque with whom I've spent all but 7 or 8 New Years in the past 35 years or so. As we've gotten older, the celebrations have become more and more sedate, but we never were the wild and crazy party types. This is gonna be one of the years we miss, but I did get a chance to see him last weekend.

After I get all buzzed on warm beer and cheap wine, I'm gonna go unload a few clips of 9mm skyward just to celebrate. And then go driving at high speed through the neighborhood. :rofl:

Sounds like where we used to live in Antioch, CA.

Now, If I go out at midnight, if I'm lucky, I might hear some coyotes, but most likely just some distant traffic from the highway 2 miles away...

Well,

with all the loud (I mean some of these are like "bombs") fireworks going off nearly all day (some been blowing them up since Thanksgiving) :eek: We know it's just about 2010. I wish I could record (wait, I think I might try my digital camera tonight):doh: the noise, smoke, and the flashes all around us. :rofl:

Hauoli Makahiki Hou :wave:

May 2010 be the best for all.

Aloha, Tony

I just came in to warm up. It's 10:00 and my grandaughter is out front. All of the neighbor kids are out with those pull string poppers in the street bringinging the new year. Soon they'll be in bed and will not see the official new Year come in in AZ but guess what. Neither will I, Alex, my grandaughter's Granpa. Happy and prosperus new year you all of you.

Brent, it’s still that way in Antioch. My MIL lives there. She goes to bed early and stays away from windows.

Dan, Antioch has changed just a wee bit since you left. The MIL would love to get out but wants to wait until the housing market goes back up. Don’t know why, the house has been paid off for 30 years. It probably went for 35K in the day and she could still get mid 300's now, probably down 150-200k

We visit friends that live in Reno off of Mt. Rose Highway. Sometimes they have the horses they are trapping in their neighborhood.