TimeWarner v FOX

I keep hearing that FOX wants $1 per subscriber... but I've never seen whether that's $1 per month or year or what, and what kind of increase that represents. Anybody know?

I heard on the news today that it is $13 million per month . . . OUCH! I have DirecTV. They are having a problem with Comcast charging them too much for Versus so DirecTV isn’t carrying Versus.

I can certainly understand why TW doesn't want a(nother) precedent set here... but jeez... can they REALLY not come up with another 65 cents or whatever it is out of my $70 every month? I hate it when one behemoth thinks it's okay when THEY want to charge more, but then throws a tantrum when somebody else does. :mad:

And as much as I hate to say it, if they think they need to pass that 65 cents along to me, that's okay in this case... because FX has some of the best programming on TV.

cablevision dropped or the supplier pulled the food network and HGTV(my wifes favorite) from the menu today, claiming the company, I dont recall the name, could not come to an agreement with Cablevision.
HGTV was one of my favorites also. Hopefully they will resolve these issues for all the viewers.

The problem is not one network, it's that Fox will set the price for all networks and all delivery systems. I don't know how many major networks a cable system carries, but for illustrative purposes, let's say it's 10, and each one gets $1 per subscriber per month. Whatever you pay for cable, the cable company will have to take more than $10 from what you pay them (because they have to pay the small networks, also) to pay for shows. That's less for them to maintain their systems, and less profit.

In the long run, Fox (and every other network) will charge every delivery system (other cable companies, satellite, fiber optic systems, etc.) the same price so the field will be leveled again. Except that we as subscribers will pay more because they'll pass the cost on to us - as they must to survive.

Mike

we could all turn off the TV and go into our shops. I know i would be happier at the end of the day. I would have another $90.00 a mth. to buy lumber for out in the shop.:huh:

I hate it when one behemoth thinks it's okay when THEY want to charge more, but then throws a tantrum when somebody else does. :mad:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh so right!

We dropped Comcast cable about 18 months ago. $70 a month buys a LOT of DVDs! I put up an antenna to get the 5-6 local channels and stream some shows over the internet. We haven't missed cable yet - or should I say we haven't missed the cable rate hikes since.:thumb:

Wes